• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Uninstalled Automatically version 11.1.102.63.

Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are update Flash Player using SCUP 4.5 and SCCM 2007.

We have publish the Flash version 11.1.102.63.

After pushing flash version on client systems "The Flash version did not update at all and its uninstalled from control panel completly and automatically".

The flash update using SCCM worting fine till the 11.1.102.62 version.

Pls see the below log file of  C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

Thanks

Prakash

flash.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prakash,

Are you still encountering this problem?  I'm forwarding this along to our installer team for their review.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No still not.

I have reinstalled the update manually using .msi file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem.

11.1.102.63 uninstalled automatically on many Pcs. Do you have any ideas why it happened?

The log file on my clients are almost the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this happens when browser windows are open during the deploy; the uninstall will succeed, but the install will fail because of the running browser.

I also think this has been reported before, but I cannot find the topic or bug report, so I have no idea when this will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've heard back from our installer developer:

The MSI does perform an uninstall before upgrading to the next version, so the uninstall is expected

The install appears to be failing due to a conflicting process (error 1041). The “ConflictingProcs” registry value in the following registry key should contain the name(s) of the offending process(es).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\

They need to make sure that no conflicting processes are running at install time in order for the upgrade to work.

Can you check for the conflicting processes and verify that they are terminated before continuing the install?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, this should be fixed going forward with Flash Player 11.2.  Starting in 11.2, all 64-bit filenames will change with each new release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

| "Can you check for the conflicting processes and verify that they are terminated before continuing the install?" 

How can i check this on each and every system ?

Is there any installtion switch that can ignore the opend browser while updating.

Thanks

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on this. We are having the same problem about the browser being open when the update goes threw sccm and theres no simple way to force it to reinstall as it thinks it's already updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to push version. 11.2.202.228 .

I think they have resovled this issue in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to make a recommendation on how to check for the presence of this key, as I'm unfamiliar with SCUP and SCCM.  Is it possible to have a vb script run that queries this key and alerts the user?

There is no install switch that will ignore an opened browser.  However, with the release of 11.2 this issue should only occur for re-installs of the same version.  You should not see this occurring when updating to new versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are still facing the same issue while updating the Flash 11.3.300.257 using SCCM and SCUP

The Old version gets uninstalled but the new version not installed.

Pls help

Thanks

Prakash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue for a number of months and it's becoming increasingly annoying.  We're rolling out the updates via SCUP and SCCM and as Prakash has said you end up with a large number of systems with no Flash installation on them.  This really needs to be reviewed by Adobe as it negates the usefulness of having the SCUP catalog.

What we've found is:

If IE is open the uninstall part of the the update goes ahead, but the installation then fails.

SCCM will never try to perform the update again as it only updates systems that need the update.  If the system no longer has Flash installed it doesn't need the update!

We've tried rectifying it by doing a mop up of the failed systems by using an advertisement within SCCM targetted at them.  However this has a second problem.

Due to the unclean installation of Flash the msi will fail silently.  Manually running it reveals the issue to be "the file installax.exe is not marked for installation".

This is due to a registry entry within HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\GUID being present.  We've tried cleaning this up using the flash uninstaller utility, but this still leaves the registry entry behind.  The only way of fixing it is to manually delete it from the registry.

Please can you have someone who has knowledge of SCCM and SCUP look at this issue.  Again, as Prakash has said it's still happening with the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you list out the registry entries that are left behind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/3124297 for a discussion on the installax.exe issue.  The GUIDs referenced in the keys vary, and the one I've stripped out on my test machine today was different to the ones listed in that discussion.

See also http://faultbucket.ca/2010/12/adobe-flash-gpo-deploy-error-installax-exe/.  This issue is that the now uninstalled Flash has been pushed out via GPO or SCCM advertisment, so this key is still present despite the update installation and as I said above the uninstall/cleanup utility does not remove it either.

The key will be similar to this one:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D90E84CDF5E493049BA3CFDE63FEEB55]
"Clients"=hex(7):3a,00,00,00,00,00
"ProductName"="Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX"
"PackageCode"="E2BC8B8C73F18E14486FA926995BE5B4"
"Language"=dword:00000409
"Version"=dword:0b03012c
"Assignment"=dword:00000001
"AdvertiseFlags"=dword:00000184
"ProductIcon"="C:\\Windows\\Installer\\{DC48E09D-4E5F-4039-B93A-FCED36EFBE55}\\ARPPRODUCTICON.exe"
"InstanceType"=dword:00000000
"AuthorizedLUAApp"=dword:00000000
"DeploymentFlags"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D90E84CDF5E493049BA3CFDE63FEEB55\SourceList]
"PackageName"="install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi"
"LastUsedSource"=hex(2):6e,00,3b,00,31,00,3b,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,\
  6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,\
  00,32,00,5c,00,43,00,43,00,4d,00,5c,00,43,00,61,00,63,00,68,00,65,00,5c,00,\
  4e,00,4d,00,53,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,31,00,37,00,2e,00,31,00,34,00,2e,00,53,\
  00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,5c,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D90E84CDF5E493049BA3CFDE63FEEB55\SourceList\Media]
"DiskPrompt"="[1]"
"1"="DISK1;1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D90E84CDF5E493049BA3CFDE63FEEB55\SourceList\Net]
"1"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,00,\
  73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,43,00,43,00,4d,00,5c,\
  00,43,00,61,00,63,00,68,00,65,00,5c,00,4e,00,4d,00,53,00,30,00,30,00,30,00,\
  31,00,37,00,2e,00,31,00,34,00,2e,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,5c,\

Ideally we need a way for the Flash Updates through SCCM to aknowledge the fact that they may fail, either by waiting for a reboot before happening to ensure that a clean uninstall/install can happen or by trapping any errors that occur and re-running the install component at shutdown or reboot.

The installax.exe issue is a secondary issue, but it would obviously be useful if that could be resolved too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if there was any feedback from Adobe about the two issues raised here regarding failed installations through SCCM and separate but related installax.exe issue.

We've had to roll out 11.3.300.257 and we'll end up with a 15% failure rate that will require manual intervention.

Whilst this is still better than manually updating 400 PCs it's still a much higher failure rate than we would like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have confirmation if the issues mentioned in this post have been passed on internally within Adobe?  We have another Flash release pending that will result an significant manual intervention, something that Adobe publishing the SCUP catalog updates was meant to remove.  The SCUP catalog is an official Adobe product, but its usefulness is let down by the installer issues.  If there's a better channel to raise this through, then please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume there are no updates as to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently working on the issue of "registry entries being left behind".  If you'd be willing to run some tests for us please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're in the process of investigating this error but need help from community members.  If you're encountering the "...is not marked for installation" issue and would be willing to generate debug logs for us, please see the instructions below:

Perform the following steps on an impacted system

1. Download the appropriate "Debugging Tools for Windows" MSI installer which is available from:

** For 32 Bit systems: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.40 4.msi

** For 64 Bit systems: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_amd64_6.11.1. 404.msi

Click on Run

Click on Next

Click on "I agree" for the EULA

Click on Next

Select the radio button for "Custom"

Click on Browse and change the default install path to C:\DEBUGGERS

Click on Next

Click on Install

Click on Finish

2. Download the appropriate TTTSetup MSI installer:

** For 32 Bit systems: https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=7gBp4PSAtP9lB8UrdqBr6Q

** For 64 Bit systems: https://sendnow.acrobat.com/?i=9SfayRdL7gGV50TeYOpkTg

3. Copy the appropriate TTTSetup MSI installer to c:\debuggers

Double click on the MSI installer to execute

Click on "Next"

Click on "I accept" for the EULA

Click on "Next"

Ensure the install location reads C:\Debuggers\ttt\

Click on "Next"

Click on "Install"

4. Launch task manager and ensure that there are no running instances of msiexec.exe. If there are, end the running instances. This will help us isolate the msiexec.exe process(es) that are associated with the Flash Player MSI.

5. Launch the Flash Player 11 MSI installer but do not click on the Install button just yet.

6. Locate the msiexec.exe process(es) that appear in task manager after launching the Flash Player MSI. Take note of the PID(s) for msiexec.exe (you will need it later)

- If you do not see a PID column in Task Manager, you can add it from the task manager View pulldown menu (View->Select Columns)

7. Create the following folder C:\iDNAtrace

8. Open a command prompt and navigate to C:\Debuggers\ttt (cd C:\Debuggers\ttt)

- If you have two running instances of msiexec.exe, you will need to perform steps 8 - 10 in two separate command prompts in order to capture all MSI activity (one for each PID).

- If you are on Windows 7, you will need to launch the command prompt with the "Run As Administrator" command. To do this, click on Start, type cmd in the search field, right click on cmd.exe.

9. Type "TTtracer.exe -Initialize" without the quotation marks and then Press Enter.

10. Type "TTtracer.exe –dumpfull –maxfile 1024 –ring –out c:\iDNAtrace –attach PID” without the quotation marks, Press Enter. <Replace "PID" with the process ID for msiexec.exe from step 5 above>

11. click on the Flash Player 11 MSI Install button. When the Flash Player 11 MSI displays the error message, click on "Exit App" on the iDNA window on the desktop. This will create the .out and .run trace files in the C:\iDNAtrace folder

Please send the .run and .out files to ccampbel@adobe.com for further analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines