• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound and video are choppy since installing Flash Player 11.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem here!  Since I updated Adobe Flash Player 11.3, the audio and video are all choppy when I play Adobe Flash game apps in Facebook!  Even when I disabled hardware acceleration, the sound and video are STILL choppy!  Even I watch a YouTube video and the sound and video are a bit choppy!  There's DEFINITELY some sound issues in Flash Player 11.3!  I'm using Firefox 13 in Windows XP SP3.  I'm wondering if you have any answers for the sound issues in FP 11.3. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this is happening in Firefox, could you do a quick test for me and let me know if it changes the behavior?  Temporarily disable your protected mode by following the steps in this FAQ.  Make sure to revert your change when done.

How do I disable Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem, though: I can't open the mms.cfg file, though I tried opening with Firefox and I can't edit it!  I need to go back to Flash Player 11.2 again! 

Never mind.  I opened the mms.cfg fil with Notepad and with Protected Mode off.  It STILL does not fix the sound or audio issues!  Thanks for trying! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for trying.  Are you seeing this behavior in any other browser (Internet Explorer or Chrome)?

Can you open a new bug report on this at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include a copy of your dxdiag report, a specific URL that causes this to happen, and a link to this thread.  Finally, if you would, please post back with the bug's URL or number so that others affected can add their comments and votes.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know, because I haven't used Internet Explorer 8 in a long time, since it is open to viruses.  And BTW, I had to uninstall Flash Player 11.3 for both IE8 and Firefox 13 and reinstall the previous version only in FF13, and the sound is back to normal in the previous Flash Player version, since it was messed up in FP 11.3.  I am not upgrading to Flash Player 11.3 again until you fix the sound issues by the next Flash Player update.  Thanks for helping me, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, without a bug report and dxdiag output we'll be at a disadvantage for getting this fixed.  We really need to know your system configuration to be able to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did as you said.  I reported a bug for this sound issue in the link shown here:  https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210147 Hopefully someone will see this problem and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any progress on this issue?  I have also been experiencing choppy sound since the upgrade a couple of days ago - both on Firefox (which happens a lot after a Flash upgrade) and Chrome (!!)  Using html5 fixes non-ad supported YouTube videos - but need to watch Vimeo videos for my research and they are also affected by this flash bug.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new to report yet.  I just pinged the Video/Audio team so hopefully I'll know more soon.  In the meantime, you might want to revert back to a previous version of Flash Player.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I already did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem on firefox, but not Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall of 11.3 and reinstall of 10.3 worked for me. The problem was consistant on both IE8 and Chrome (youtube). Playing a cd in windows media player worked fine which is how i knew it wasn't a speaker/driver issue with my sound system.

Good luck witht the hunt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue since updating Flash as well. The problem is very bad in the latest version of Firefox (I made sure the Flash plugin was up to date), and not so bad in Internet Explorer. It seems to have no problem in Chrome or Safari. FYI I am on a PC with Windows XP Sevice Pack 3, all updated.

Specifically, the problem is this. When using a Flash player (audio or video) on any web page, while doing activity in another tab or window on the same browser, the sound or video stutters and chops up. Like, just mousing over links in a webpage will cause the sound to jump and stutter in time with the mouse actions. Really annoying. I reverted to an older Flash version a couple weeks ago and that fixed the issue.

Then today I was prompted to update Adobe Flash. I did so, and the problem returned (I hoped maybe you'd fixed it by now). Guess I will go uninstall Flash and install the older version again. sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to disable hardware acceleration on Firefox and see:

Click Tools > Option > Advanced.

Uncheck the Use hardware acceleration when available option.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried disabling hardware acceleration on FF 13.0.1 and it didn't fix the problem.  I hear choppy audio in FF and Chrome but for me IE appears to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all these suggestons but no avail. But here's some information:

List of machines I have tested:-

Windows xp media centre (wired) flash 11.4

vaio laptop (Wired) flash 11.4

Android phone (wireless)

Netbook (wreless) flasj 11.4

It's only the old XP media machine with sp3 with choppy sound  problem . Problem is only streaming replay from internet (iPlayer, IE and Firefox). It worked fine until 2 weeks ago' Video still plays over local network as well as ever.

All other machines pass video and audio smoothly and all work on up to date flash.

Other video and local files play smoothly. I downloaded A you tube viedeo that would not play properly when streamed from youtube then  embedded it in a web page from my local hard drive and it worked fiine.

hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe!

Same problems with occasional choppy sound with Flash Player 11.3. Using IE 8 on Windows XP (SP-3) all updates are installed.  For example, if I play Word Spell at GameScene.com, their is some static noise when the mouse button is pressed to make the words.  I have included the link to the site so you can see for yourself, if you have a Windows XP (SP-3) machine.  An uninstall and reinstall of Flash Player 11.3 did not solve the problem.  The issue is very noticeable, like an occasional sound of static.  Here is the Word Spell game so you guys can see for yourself:

http://gamescene.com/Word_Spell.html

I hope this helps with the bug.

Regards,

Satch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to was having this issue with flash player verizon 11.3 i already followed all the steps and am running the 10.3. Just wanted to let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad that I am not the only one.  Ever since I installed 11.3, the sound has (on somethings) been choppy.  I have tried 11.3 on IE9, Chrome and Firefox13 and the sound is choppy in all of them.  I have tried the Adobe solutions and they did not help.  I have Windows Starter if that matters.

I want to switch to an earlier version.  There are several versions of 10.3.  Which one did you use?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loutate wrote:

I want to switch to an earlier version.  There are several versions of 10.3.  Which one did you use?

I recommend to revert to 11.2.202.235; download it from http://forums.adobe.com/message/4506372#4506372; see the instructions on the top of that topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over here at MOG we're seeing issues with audio skipping and distortion for our users who have recently upgraded to Flash Player 11.3. When we have them downgrade to 10.3 the problems go away. After some debugging it seems that the issues arrise when the stream buffer has fluctuations, but not empty (possibly goes below some threshold). This is a big deal for our service and we're going to be instructing users to downgrade until the issue is fixed. Let us know how we can help get this resolved ASAP.

I should also say that we're seeing this issue manifest in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Haven't tested IE yet, but we're getting community complaints from this browser.

Thanks, Stephen (Director of Product at MOG).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed flash 11.3.300.262 in Firefox 13.0.1 on Windows xp sp3. I had hoped that this release would fix the issue, but it did not, I have tried disabling hardware acceleration, to no avail. Since installing the latest Flash version, I have experienced the problem in Firefox, which is my preferred browser and also in the current version of Chrome. IE, my least favored browser is seemingly immune to the problem, so when I need to watch or listen to streaming flash video or audio, I start IE.

Will I have to keep doing this forever, or will it be fixed for Firefox? I have not taken the step of uninstalling Flash 11 and reverting to Flash 10, and I am reluctant to do so for a variety of reasons. If I do so, I will have to disable future automatic updates and somehow evaluate each new release without installing it, to find out if it fixes the problem. If I know it will be weeks or months before it is fixed , I'll downgrade, but if it might be fixed this week, I'll make do with IE. Is there any estimate on when and whether it will be fixed?

I believe I am also seeing the same problems on my Ubuntu Linux laptop with the most recent versions of Firefox and Flash, but I need to do some more tests.

I appreciate the input from the representative of MOG above, since his input is weighty and Adobe and  Mozilla may fell compelled to act on it in a timely fashion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm getting the problem in IE too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems in FF, Chrome and IE. IE was immuned to the previous update but this latest update also made the audio choppy. Installing the previous versions now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same "Choppy Audio" problem in Firefox 13.0.1, windows xp sp3, using Flash 11.3 plugin.

Problem completely fixed. I uninstalled Flash plugin 11.3 and re-installed Flash 10.3. NO more CHOPPY AUDIO! Finally.

I had checked Drivers, DMA, everything else didn't work. Root cause seems to be some issue with Flash 11.3.

Hope this saves someone else some time and headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines