Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G’day

Do this:

1) open a file;

2) select some text;

3) press CTRL-F to bring up the ColdFusion Search;

4) go through the steps of replacing some string with another;

5) at the end of that, we’re back at the main edit screen, with the selected text still selected;

6) press CTRL-F again

7) go to change another thing within the selected text;

8) have your blood run cold and sweat stand out on your brow because you just notice CFB has changed the search scope from "Current Document" to "Workspace", and you’re currently doing that replacement in your entire workspace.

Is there any reason why this is not a bug, before I raise it as such?

--

Adam

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my 1 week evaluation of CFB 2 (update 1), I noticed this happen a couple times, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly how or why. It did happen once when I tried to do a local search/replace. This is yet another example of why I would like to turn off ColdFusion Search and enable the built in Eclipse search.

I decided to wait until Adobe fixes the search before I purchase CFB 2 (or 3). I'm using CFB 1, which uses the built in Eclipse search. Much better for my workflow... can't wait until they get it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my 1 week evaluation of CFB 2 (update 1), I noticed this happen a couple times, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly how or why. It did happen once when I tried to do a local search/replace. This is yet another example of why I would like to turn off ColdFusion Search and enable the built in Eclipse search.

OK, well I kinda hoped someone from Adobe might participate here, but... well... hmmm.

Anyway, I've raised a bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3213991

And yes... this is one of the reasons why I want to get rid of the CFB-specific search function and restore Eclipse's own one.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation