• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Flash Builder - "See the log file" error.

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Flash Builder 4.5 and for some reason it has stopped opening correctly - I get the following error then it just shuts down.... :

"An error has occured. See the log file."

and if i check the log file it refers to then i see the following text:

!SESSION 2011-06-22 13:53:43.658 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800
java.version=1.6.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-06-22 13:53:59.598
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4109)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3998)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3969)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:468)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createHandle(Control.java:633)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.createHandle(Composite.java:305)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.createWidget(Control.java:649)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.createWidget(Scrollable.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.<init>(Control.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.<init>(Scrollable.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.<init>(Composite.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getBundleProgressMonitor(BasicSplashHandler.java:159)
    at org.eclipse.ui.splash.BasicSplashHandler.getContent(BasicSplashHandler.java:265)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.splash.EclipseSplashHandler.init(EclipseSplashHandler.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$8.run(Workbench.java:782)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createSplashWrapper(Workbench.java:798)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2467)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlashBuilderApplication.start(FlashBuilderApplication.java:108)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

This is incredably frustrating as you can imagine as it effectively means i cant work anymore, it is clearly some kind of problem with eclipse but i have no idea what.

I have tried re-installing Flash Builder twice and no luck.

Can anyone help with this???

Thanks !!!!

Elliot.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ahead of time, this probably isn't much help... I think I had something similar on my Mac, where I couldn't run 4.5. I also could not run the stand alone Eclipse. I ended up rebuilding my system, which wasn't fun, but definitely refreshing. My mac is all zippy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd pretty much come to the same conclusion, i thought that it may have something to do with the fact that i have multiple versions of flex installed on the same machine - i didn't remove 4 when i installed 4.5. Just a guess really. 4 is still working but 4.5 is completely dead.

Time for a re-build ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the luxury of rebuilding my system as it is a network server and I am having the same error.  Has anyone from Adobe been able to assist you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. It sucks adobe cant be bothered to respond to such a serious flaw in their product. I actually had this issue with Flashbuilder 4.5, now since 4.6 came out, everything was working fine. Then i upgraded to the latest flash debug player and now 4.6 hangs on startup. No error or anything, it just sits their until i force quit it on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a similar thread with exact same stackstrace and problmes reported with earlier verison of FB. You can check it here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/832073. Thre is also representation of Adobe engineers on this thread. Aprarenlty there are certain updates(Eclipse / java) that FB doen't encourage, post FB is installed in stanadlone mode and workarounds are suggested on this thread to overcome this problem. If you are workign in plugin environment with FB, I guess updates are not affecting FB installtion. Please try out the solutions presented on this thread and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines