Expand my Community achievements bar.

Auto Complete Drop Downs

Level 1

Does anyone know the best way to code auto complete drop downs in LiveCycle Form? For example if the user types N than a drop down will appear with states beginning with the letter N. This is doable on the web, but can this be done in LiveCycle to generate a form that the user fills out? Thanks in advance...

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you mean they type "N" into a LiveCycle Designer drop-down and focus will go to the first value in the drop-down starting with "N"?

Steve

Level 1

Well you woud type N and the focus would go to Nebraska,  Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York etc. If you were to type New than you would just get a drop down of all that states that start with New (New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York..etc) instead of all the states that start with N. I know this can be done with Ajax on the web, but can it be done on an actual Live Cycle form?

Level 1

So any ideas out there on how to do Auto Complete Drop Downs in LiveCycle Forms...something like you see on Google where you start typing in a word and you get to select the choices the drop down provides?

Level 1

I am starting to think that this is not possible in LiveCycle Designer. On my server, I have an html, css and javascript files that performs on XMLhttpRequest to the server to make it all happen in Ajax. I tried adding the Ajax functionality to LiveCycle, but absoultely nothing happens. I have not seen any examples of this on LiveCycle designer, but I thought there had to be a way somehow and I guess the functionality is just not there yet.