26 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 10:24 AM by joey825 RSS

Where's MY LIBRARY?

joey825

I recently went to some CS videos from Julieanne Kost and when I saved two in "My Library" there are none that I saved from last year. What happened to them. I was in a community college advanced CS5 course and was saving them for future. I went to the "MY Library" tab above and only her two new ones were saved there. When I got to MY Library none of the 30 or so videos I saved in MY Library from last year are there. WHERE ARE MY SAVED VIDEOS IN MY LIBRARY GONE?

• 1. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
          Chris Cox Adobe Employee

Your library is not a Photoshop thing, but a directory on your computer.

Your files are where you put them, or gone if you deleted them from your computer.

• 2. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
            joey825 Community Member

I guess I should have said in my original complaint that the ADOBE SITE CONTAINS A TAB ALONG THE TOP 4-5 TABS THAT SAYS "MY LIBRARY."  AFTER YOU HIT THE SAVE BAR UNDERNEATH THE ADOBE VIDEO AND WHEN YOU LOOK UP AND SEE THE TAB "MY LIBRARY" AND CLICK IT THE NEWLY SAVED (JULIEANNE KOST) VIDEOS APPEAR.  LAST YEAR THE SAME ADOBE "MY LIBRARY' TAB DELIVERED TO ME AN ADOBE SITE THAT HAD THE SAME APPEARING LIST AS THE TWO I JUST SAW IN THE 2012 LIST OF TWO FROM JLIEANNE KOST!!!!!!!

Now, after 30 years in the computer business, do not imply that I am stupid. I have a LIBRARY on Windows 7 - It contains four sub-headings (My documents - My music - My pictures - My videos).  There is NO folder on my computer with the title called "MY LIBRARY."

SO PLEASE FIND MY MISSING VIDEOS!!!

• 3. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
              vinsolo Community Member

that is the way to "sweet talk" them.

your question did not use the word "Adobe".

how would anyone know.

but it seems you can type.

vince

• 4. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                Chris Cox Adobe Employee

What web site are you referring to?

Perhaps Photoshop.com (which is not the same thing as Photoshop, and has a different forum: Photoshop.com Support )

• 6. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                  joey825 Community Member

I have already received the suggestion that this all took place on photoshop.com.  Last year (although I am not sure) but I do not remember a location called Adobe TV.  PLEASE talk to someone who remembers last years SAVE to MY LIBRARY when viewing instructional videos from the likes of Julieanne Kost and Russell Brown.  the EXACT appearance of the NEW 2012 list of "saves" in adobe TV "My Library" is the SAME as last year!!!

Can you get this question to someone in a higher pay scale than you?  Not meant to be nasty - but there WAS this file in ADOBE (whatever the site was callled) that is EXACTLY like the current MY LIBRARY in TV adobe.  Would you like to see that page as a screen print?

• 7. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                    Chris Cox Adobe Employee

You're not giving us much to go on here, and not making a lot of sense. 

(first you say the old library entries are missing, then you say that the library is the same as last year)

OK, so it is probably tv.adobe.com you're referring to.

And some time ago you bookmarked some videos, but now those videos are not visible in your library.  Is that correct?

Are you sure that you signed in on the same user account?  Each account has their own bookmarks/library.

Could you have saved bookmarks to older content that has now been removed?

• 8. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                      charles badland Community Member

Can you get this question to someone in a higher pay scale than you?

You do realize you are posting in a user-to-user Photoshop forum, don't you?

"...higher pay scale?"   Really?

How funny.

The vast majority of posters here are Photoshop users, like you.

Chris Cox is an Adobe employee (a senior Photoshop engineer - we are lucky to have contribute here), but I bet the only person at a higher pay scale at Adobe than Chris might be Shantanu Narayen. ()

My guess is you saved these on-line via Adobe TV... and they either had some screw-up or purged older accounts, or you logged in incorrectly.

My guess is the latter.

• 9. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                        station_two Community Member

You're way off base, joey.  You can't even find your way to the site you were using.  There's nothing that can be saved here in this user-to-user forum, nor any place to save things in.

You owe several people here an apology.

• 10. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                          joey825 Community Member

Chris,

1)  You are correct ---"...but now those videos are not visible in your library"

2)  I am absolutely sure that I have only one user name - "Joey825."

I went to both adobe.com and tv.adobe,com and my user name appears in both.

3)  "older content that has now been removed" ???  Exactly my original question as it related to being "lost" in the big Adobe" server? I have no memory as to when the site TV.ADOBE.COM started.  As I was saving them to the Adobe "My Library" in 2011 (early in the year) it was saved (and readable later in that year) one by one of those 30 or so videos.  I never looked up to see if I was in a different web site.  I just assumed that it was still plain old ADOBE.CAM.  So, if they were removed (sadly there are still references to good videos from CS4 and 5) that's a shame.  Julieanne and Russell had some great videos!  So maybe when TV.ADOBE started they removed all the previous videos - who knows?

• 11. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                            Noel Carboni Community Member

Assuming it even WAS an Adobe site you used before, beyond the fact that Adobe's web site programmers aren't the brightest it's naive to think that any company would care enough about you personally to maintain such trivial information for you literally for years.  If you have the experience you say you do you shouldn't find that surprising at all.

Everything Adobe maintains for you on Adobe.com is accessible via the My Adobe link.  Click the red logo at the top of this page, then My Adobe.  If the stuff you're looking for isn't there, it's probably no longer to be found.

I suggest that if you don't turn these video links up, you just go find the videos again via searches, then add the URLs to your own favorites folder on your system this time around, and/or maybe even make a list of the titles and save them separately.

By the way, on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

-Noel

• 12. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?

You've looked here, right?

AdobeTVLibrary.jpg

-Noel

• 13. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                Kirsti-CA Adobe Employee

Hi, Joey,

I've contacted the Adobe TV team and they found a bug in library function of Adobe TV.  They expect it to be fixed by tomorrow.

I'll move this post to the Community Help forum as it's not specifically related to Photoshop.

--Kirsti

• 14. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?

By the way, on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

Exactly what I was thinking...

• 15. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?
                                    joey825 Community Member

Kristi,

I knew I wasn't crazy (as others implied!).

Wow  - good work.  However I clicked on reply and couldn't get to thank you.

Hopefully - the programmers/webmasters clear this up.

I don't usually go through the forums (or is that "fori"?) - but I just

hate to deal with other responders beyond the direct relationship with

the company representatives.  Some of the "side" comments are

unnecessary and sometimes crude/cruel.

I hope this all works.

Please advise my URL links to get to the past inclusion of those videos

once it is fixed.

I assume it's done through the tv.adobe.com - yes?

I couldn't believe Adobe (as big as they are) would "kill" just a year

old link.

Thanx,

Joel

• 16. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                      joey825 Community Member

Of course - I tried to get erudite and blew it!

THE PLURAL OF FORUM IS "FORA" NOT "FORI"!  (That's my Italian getting in the way - Plural in Italian for the masculine is FORI).

Thanx,

Joel (Joey825)

• 17. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry that you may have felt my response was "cruel".

It's good to hear that Adobe is willing to try to correct this issue.  I say "try" because their track record of getting their web programming right is pretty dismal.  I'd love to hear back whether they actually resurrect your links you saved before.

I stand by what I said:  It's optimistic to expect Adobe to keep personal data for you.  Take steps to protect it yourself on your own computer.

-Noel

• 18. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                          station_two Community Member

Noel Carboni wrote:

...on another note this is why all this "Cloud" BS will never be the panacea of goodness the companies all claim it will be.

The phrase "Cloud BS" immediately pops into my head the instant I hear the word cloud used in this context.

• 19. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?

Hi Joey,

but I just hate to deal with other responders beyond the direct relationship with

the company representatives.  Some of the "side" comments are

unnecessary and sometimes crude/cruel.

Glad you got this problem solved. But just to be clear:

Adobe sends people HERE when official support can’t figure out a (usually PEBCAK) Photoshop problem. The smart users come here first.

AND 

It was your rude and pompous tone and language in posts 2 and 6 that elicited the feedback you complain about.  From people trying to help you. Not good karma bud.

Now, the plural of Octopus is… __________________ .   And why?

• 20. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?
                                              joey825 Community Member

I'll the forum know whether Adobe found my file(s).

• 21. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                                joey825 Community Member

That's why I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email - When we get a "Santa Ana" in Southern California the "clouds" disappear into the ocean! I don't believe in the "cloud" either.

• 22. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?
                                                  joey825 Community Member

My turn now to use some levity after all this "fol de rol"

The plural of Octopus is "Octopu--ies"!

Good Bye for now!

Joey

• 23. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY?

A tangent, but just to end on a less negative note, a history of the plural of "octopus" courtesy of Merriam-Webster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyY2mK8pxk

• 24. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                                      joey825 Community Member

Bless You Kirsti !!!!

I knew I was right.

ALL 44 (42 old and two new ones) are in "My Library" on Adobe TV.

Tell those de-buggers/fixers a great big THANK YOU!

J

• 25. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?

Impressive!  Well done, Adobe.  You're beginning to regain my respect.

-Noel

• 26. Re: Where's MY LIBRARY saved in Photoshop?
                                                          joey825 Community Member

Noel,

Thanx for your support, too

... and apologies to all who gave me some flack.  But, 30 years (without the cloud) in the computer business can get pretty discouraging when you know your right!  So getting a little dissing from others just added to the giant frustration. 16 weeks times 3.5 hours each in class with about 20 hours at home per week and lose the best instructionals found on various tools in PhotoShop was pretty sad.

Finally to Chris and Kirsti - you took some anti-Adobe flack, too.  I guess that's what is expected in an open forum.

Thank you for experiencing my first completely well designed and effective forum fomat !

"All's Well That Ends Well"

J