• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compilation failed while executing: ADT

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that I've been successfully compiling for iOS in Flash Professional 5.5, with uses AIR 2.6. I decided to try compiling in Flash Builder 4.6 using AIR 3.1. It runs fine on the desktop, no errors or warnings. When I try to do an Ad Hoc release build, it fails with java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:324), (The Export Release Build dialog does not let me select the text, otherwise I'd paste the stack here)starting at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:82) and saying  "Compilation failed while executing: ADT"

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

John

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem right now, and as far as I can tell, this post is the only example of it on the internet, and it has no replies.. Did you ever figure out what was happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Could you please try packaging it on command line using ADT (available @ C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.x\sdks\4.x\bin)

# adt -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -provisioning-profile <path to mobileprovision> -storetype pkcs12 -keystore <path to p12> -storepass <password> hellworld.ipa hellworld-app.xml hellworld.swf

Is it specific to ipa-ad-hoc target only? Could you try it with other targets like ipa-app-store or ipa-test-interpreter

Please share the adt version by executing following command.

# adt -version

-Thanks

Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not John, but I have the exact same issue, same traceback. I'm compiling on the commandline with adt version 3.1.0.4880, but it also happens with sdk versions 3.2 and 3.3. If I compile the SWF using -debug, the problem doesn't occur - only with the release build. It also occurs with the ipa-app-store target, but not with ipa-test-interpreter (not too surprising, given the error traceback).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and here's the complete traceback:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TreeMap.get(Unknown Source)

at adobe.abc.Algorithms$SetMap.get(Algorithms.java:223)

at adobe.abc.Algorithms.addUses(Algorithms.java:166)

at adobe.abc.Algorithms.findUses(Algorithms.java:186)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.sccp(GlobalOptimizer.java:4626)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.optimize(GlobalOptimizer.java:3514)

at adobe.abc.GlobalOptimizer.optimize(GlobalOptimizer.java:2215)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.optimizeABCs(LLVMEmitter.java:527)

at adobe.abc.LLVMEmitter.generateBitcode(LLVMEmitter.java:337)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.AOTCompiler.convertAbcToLlvmBitcodeImpl(AOTCompiler

.java:510)

at com.adobe.air.ipa.BitcodeGenerator.main(BitcodeGenerator.java:80)

Compilation failed while executing : ADT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the problem also occurs with -target ipa-test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, please raise the bug @ https://bugbase.adobe.com/ request you to attach relevant sources/swf/xml, so that we could investigate the issue at our end.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we also receive the error message "Compilation failed while executing: ADT".

So we can't update our app and this is really urgent. We have over 500 000 users and we have to fix a major bug.

We tried to compile the App with the current Beta AIR 14 version and we tried to build it with AIR 13.

We are using Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.

If we compile to Android everything works fine.

iOS won't work and the error message appears.

If we debug the app via "fast build" it works.

We already changed this line in the jvm.config:

java.args=-Xmx384m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

We tried -Xmx512m and 1024 but unfortunately it still doen't work.

We can compile the other apps, but one of our best performing app is dead at the moment!

Any ideas what can solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we use the adt command line:

adt -package -target ipa-app-store -storetype pkcs12 -keystore test/cert.p12 -provisioning-profile test/name_Distribution.mobileprovision t

est/myApp.ipa TurmbauBabel-app.xml -extdir extensionsDir TurmbauBabel.swf assets

/appIcon32x32.png assets/appIcon152x152.png assets/appIcon29x29.png assets/appIc

on58x58.png  assets/appIcon16x16.png assets/appIcon40x40.png assets/appIcon144x1

44.png  assets/appIcon57x57.png assets/appIcon128x128.png  assets/appIcon114x114

.png assets/appIcon80x80.png assets/appIcon50x50.png assets/appIcon60x60.png ass

ets/appIcon100x100.png assets/appIcon76x76.png  assets/appIcon72x72.png assets/a

ppIcon48x48.png assets/appIcon96x96.png assets/appIcon36x36.png assets/appIcon12

0x120.png

password:

Compilation failed while executing : ADT

No additional errors ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the solution.

There were over 60 if-clauses in our class.

We changed the if-clauses to else if and now it works.

Didn't know that this could have such a massive impact...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a known constraint -- that you can't use if-clauses more than 60 times in a class unless some of them are followed by else-if statements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. This problem only exists on iOS and isn't a problem when you compile to Android...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also getting same error

compilation failed while executing:Compile-abc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

could you tell me how to solve this problem . I am using flash cs6 and AIR15.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines