Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Air 2.5 update framework "Error ID: 0 unknown update version"

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUTLINE

I am having an problem with v2.5 of the AIR update framework using the Adobe article linked below.

Building in Flash CS5.5

ERROR

The error printed in the example's UI is:

"Error ID: 0. unknown update version"

The error traced in Flash (5.5) with trace("onStatusUpdateError", event.errorID, event.subErrorID, event.text), is:

"onStatusUpdateError 16815 0 unknown update version"

Has anyone got this working with 2.5, or 2.6 please? I would be equally happy if someone showed it working in 3.x, too.

Thank-you

DETAILS

I am following the section on v 2.5 in this article:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/air_update_framework.html#articlecontentAdobe_numberedheade...

I have successfully use the v1.5 update framework as described in the article.

I have read about and used the Update descriptor file changes in the adobe article.

This is my descriptor file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<update xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/framework/update/description/2.5">

<versionNumber>1.1.1</versionNumber>

<url>http://www.spiralscratch.info/air_update/updater2/air_update_flash.air</url>

<description><![CDATA[

This version has fixes for the following knowns issues:

*First issue

*Second issue  

]]></description>

</update>

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answers? Should this go in the Flash forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't run into this error before.  I'll forward this to the team that develops the updating framework for their review.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon

The error above suggests you might be using an applicationupdater.swc/swf that does not know about the 2.5 update namespace. If you are updating from an application already deployed with AIR 2.5 or later, you may be including the wrong version of the update framework in your project. Try getting the application updater swc from the AIR 2.5 or 2.6 runtime, and using that.

If you already have an application out there, deployed with AIR 2.0 or earlier, which you want to update, you should follow the steps in this guide.

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/update-air-2-or-earlier.html

Thanks,
Horia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horia,

you're a genius! I was using the latest swc I had from Flashbuilder 4. I changed it to the one included in Flashbuilder 4.6 and it all worked.

(Interesting that there's no clear way of knowing which swc is which, when it comes to AIR versions.)

Thank-you!

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as simon_lucas although my config is slightly different:

FlashBuilder 4 with SDK 4.6, Current app is with SDK 2.5.

Trying to update with SDK 3.2, I double-checked per Horia Olaru that I do use the application updater swc:

<path-element>D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0 - Air 3.2\frameworks\libs\air\applicationupdater.swc</path-element>

<path-element>D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\sdks\4.6.0 - Air 3.2\frameworks\libs\air\applicationupdater_ui.swc</path-element>

But I still have the 16815 error.

If I change the update.xml to be <update xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/framework/update/description/2.5">

instead of <update xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/framework/update/description/3.2">, I am proposed to download the new app and then I get an error 16824.

Please HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to use the descriptor namespace 2.5. And make sure that the versionNumber contains a value higher than the previous version of your application, else, update will not work.

Can you share the contents of your update descriptor(full) and your new app's application descriptor here(only the versionNumber,id and namespace elements of the application descriptor will do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines