• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with end-of-Quiz feedback...Captivate 5.5

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a short course with a quiz.  At the end of the quiz, i would like to have the learner go to one of two slides (one for pass - the other for fail).  From the "pass" slide, I would like them to click a button where a PDF certificate will open.  The "fail" slide will let the user review the content of the course.

Currently, my file will show the "pass" slide, but will advance to other slides when the button is clicked to print the certificate. 

Thus far, the "fail" actions are acting as expected.

Can anyone give me suggestions of how I can fix my file?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you get to the 'pass' slide ok, but when a button is clicked to print the certificate, the slide advances to the next slide...?

What actions do you have on the 'print' button? Can you not change it from the perhaps default 'continue' to 'jump to slide'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  after clicking the print button on the "pass" slide, it also advances through the rest of file, regardless of any other buttons on the slides (I've tried putting other buttons on the slide to prevent it from moving)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a button you specifically created or something provided as part of a Captivate template?

If you select the button and look at the Properties panel, are there any actions you can adjust?

If not, then how about putting a blank slide after this 'pass' slide...so when the print button is clicked, that's what it advances too...then setup something on that slide that then jumps/moves to the page you want...(like a 'well done' message or something) - then all other slides are as they are, just adjusted one slide number down...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did that, it would automatically advance through the extra slide (even after placed a button on the extra slide to prevent that from happening). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Why dont you hide the pass and fail slides and depending upon the quiz result, you can execute advanced action which will fist show the required slide and then perform your action on that slide.

Or once you are on the pass slide, you can add an action "on exit" to either execute a java script and close the window, or to go to a last "thank you" slide.

Let me know if you need any more help on this.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing an option for showing entire slides.  I'm seeing options for showing buttons, images, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the slides you want to hide in the Filmstrip, use the right-click menu to hide them. But it is not possible to show a slide by an advanced action, here I do not know what is meant at all? You can skip a slide using a statement Jump to, but a hidden slide will simply not been included in the published version, no way to get it back once the SWF (or other output) is created.

Another remark: be very careful with actions executed 'On exit' because they will only be done if the last frame of the slide is also reached. That is not always the case, if you have an interactive object that has Success/failure actions to go to another slide the last frames after the pausing point of that object will never be visited and the On exit action not be executed.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been trying to use the "Jump to" commands (in the Quiz Preferences) to have the file go to the correct place after the quiz is completed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources