• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open All / Close All Books/Topics

Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was using Robohelp Version 7.0 and had a functionality to Open All/Close all Books after deploying the project on the web as shown below.

Now I have created new project in Robohelp 9.0 but now after deploying the new project on the web, I have lost this functionality. Please advise,

I will really appreciate your help.

CloseAll-Open All.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your image doesn't really look like WebHelp from RoboHelp. Even from what I recall with version 7.  Were you using RoboHelp for Word maybe?

WebHelp has never had any ability to expand all books to my knowledge.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was using Robohelp 7 HTML. The image I attached earlier was after  deployment of online help files to the web server. As you can see from the image, when I used to right click on the table of contents, I was able to close all books. There was a option to Close all and Open all

I have found a way to close all openend books at once in my new project (Robohelp 9.0) yesterday. After deploying on the webserver I selected my first topic (For me it was Updates.htm) then after F5 or refresh the table of contents will close all open books at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I have one more question.

I have a master page in my new project. It has a banner in it. I have around 2500 files in the project. Now when I make any update even in one HTML page, I have to generate again and it takes forever. My project is on network drive (I have read from the other discussions that it is one of the reasons to slow the generate process but instead of moving the project to local,I am thinking to bypass the generate).

I am using Visual Source safe to deploy the files on the web server. VSS is looking at SSL Folder. So if I try to skip the generate process and manually copy html page in the SSL folder the banner gets disapeared. Is there any way I can get rid from the generate (Everytime it take 20 minutes).

Thanks,

Geena.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you're in for a world of trouble (eventually) with having your project on a network drive. It will eventually get corrupted. Always have your projects local to your c:\ drive (in fact, best practices recommends using c:\projects\project_name\ as your structure, not the "My RoboHelp Projects" folder). Use your network drive for backup purposes in the manner described by Peter Grainge on his site (grainge.org) if you're a lone author or one of several authors working on separate projects. If you're part of a team of authors working on the same project, you need to employ some sort of Source Control system (lots of them out there, including RH's own RoboSource).

You will find that generating to your local \!SSL!\ folder is much faster. You can even use the publishing feature to have the resulting files FTPed up to your webserver as part of the same operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming, of course, that you are using FTP which is but ONE of several options for publishing.

tmp1.PNG

But, what do I know? I'm just a RoboHelp goober. Maybe only the REAL help developers are using FTP and the rest of us use other protocols!

(Couldn't resist a bit of teasing about a bit of a myopic view)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Rick - I'm just old-school - anything that involves throwing stuff up on a webserver is FTP to me. Ya'll use whatever new-fangled method you want ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp