• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with sound after Adobe Flash Player 11.3 update

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to run Flash Player 11.3 update this morning (14th June 2012). I run Windows XP Media Center Edition 32 bit and Internet Explorer 8. The sound is crackly and has a sort of echo. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest software with no luck. The problem seems to apply to all sites using Flash Player not just You Tube. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weirder problem with sound: before the update I had 5.1 surround sound, now I get only 2.1 sound... tested Opera, IE, Chrome using latest flash player update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineering team is still hard at work trying to fix the audio problems introduced in 11.3.  Would anyone in this thread be willing to test a build of Flash Player that contains a few changes and additional debug logging functionality?  If so, please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know I now have surround sound working again with the latest flash player and google chrome, also video issues SO far are working ok...

This had been bugging me a hell of a lot, flash worked ok with IE, however when I wanted to use Google Chrome I only had stereo sound, which had me going through my system

Anyway at the link below scroll down oyu will see a list of flash players click the top one... Then unzip the file. make sure you install the 64bit version for Windows 7 64 Bit.

Then type this into the chrome task bar.

Chrome:plugins

On the right hand side click on the details, you will now see a list...

Under flash you will see 2 different flash plugins.

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Version:11,3,300,257

Location:C:\Users\Kirk\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\20.0.1132.34\gcswf32.dll

Type:NPAPI

Enable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash movie
.spl

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Version:11,2,202,233

Location:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_2_202_233.dll

Type:NPAPI

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash movie
.spl

Disable

As you can see disable top one, now all your video and sound issues will be fixed.

Hope this helps...

This will also work with I.E. issues...

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_Flash_Playe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still with XP SP3 (need for colorimeter HCFR and Chromapure)...but tank you very much.

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 02:03:24 -0600

To: mike.quasar@hotmail.fr

Subject: Problem with sound after Adobe Flash Player 11.3 update

Re: Problem with sound after Adobe Flash Player 11.3 update

created by Formula1Dragon in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

Just to let you know I now have surround sound working again with the latest flash player and google chrome, also video issues SO far are working ok... This had been bugging me a hell of a lot, flash worked ok with IE, however when I wanted to use Google Chrome I only had stereo sound, which had me going through my system Anyway at the link below scroll down oyu will see a list of flash players click the top one... Then unzip the file. make sure you install the 64bit version for Windows 7 64 Bit. Then type this into the chrome task bar. Chrome:plugins On the right hand side click on the details, you will now see a list... Under flash you will see 2 different flash plugins. Name:Shockwave Flash Description:Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300 Version:11,3,300,257 Location:C:\Users\Kirk\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\20.0.1132.34\gcs wf32.dll Type:NPAPI Enable MIME types:MIME typeDescriptionFile extensionsapplication/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movie.swfapplication/futuresplashFutureSplash movie.spl Name:Shockwave Flash Description:Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 Version:11,2,202,233 Location:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_2_202_233.dll Type:NPAPI Disable MIME types:MIME typeDescriptionFile extensionsapplication/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movie.swfapplication/futuresplashFutureSplash movie.splDisable Always allowed As you can see disable top one, now all your video and sound issues will be fixed. Hope this helps... This will also work with I.E. issues... http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html#main_Archived_Flash_Player_versions_for_developers

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, it doesn't fix the clicking noise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on when this might be fixed?  Will reverting to an earlier version help?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier version in good (you must erase all Adobe Flash Player 11.3): Old Version of Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235 (Non-IE) Download - OldApps.com

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:25:21 -0600

To: mike.quasar@hotmail.fr

Subject: Problem with sound after Adobe Flash Player 11.3 update

Re: Problem with sound after Adobe Flash Player 11.3 update

created by milly_molly_mandy in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

Any news on when this might be fixed? Will reverting to an earlier version help? Thanks!

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still working on this issue.  Does anyone on this thread use Sandboxie?

In the interim, I'd suggest reverting back to a previous version of the player.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah chris thanks I finally got a good clean uninstall and went back to 11.2 but even now sound only works with ie (on youtube and hulu) (lost sound on aol flash vids though)(no big  deal for now) But I atleast got sound on pay sites.thanks hope you get it fixed soon because i was more of a goggle crome user.Just make sure to restart comp before trying to reinstall 11.2.By the way it mostly seems like a Vista 32bit prob(thats what i got).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I'm afraid that I've not been able to carry out the test on Adobe Flash Player that you sent me but I have since received further updates to Adobe Flash Player during the last 2 - 3 weeks. However, none of these updates have fixed the sound problem. There is still the same crackle on playback as there was when I first raised the problem. I'm still therefore having to run on version 10 of Flash Player which is not an ideal solution.

My system is Microsoft Windows XP Media Centre Edition Service Pack 3, IE8 and Google. I do not use Firefox, Google Chrome or Sandbox (I'm afraid I don't even know what that is?). I go use itunes and Samsung Kies on my PC which operates my mobile phone.

Please could you advise me if there has been any progress in identifying the cause of the sound problems? My problem has nothing to do with a 5.1 sound system as mine is only a 2.1 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys got lucky then,the adobe causes me to not be able to play any videos..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@etherealwing, do you use Firefox? I'm having the same exact problem. Youtube videos won't play, and other various flash-involved things won't work for me. However, they will work for me on Google Chrome, so I guess I'll either use that in the mean time or revert back to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, can no longer see any videos with the current version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the same system and got the same issue. Sound distorted and echoing at first thought it was my desktop speakers and tested them on a laptop - worked fine. Then googled the issue and got this forum.

Shame this can't be fixed given the number of users that appear to be having issues. Rolled back to 11.2 for IE and all working fine again now. Took a while to do uninstall properly though and previous versions should be easier to access from the site not via zip files and having to do manual installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue under xp.  I rolled back to 10.3 and it's working now. Whew! The worst part was identifying the issue.  I blamed the poor guys at real audio since i had just applied an update and that's when i noticed i could no longer use youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem to of wondering why the sound of my video playback had a very annoying echo when I tried to watch a movie.

I am currently using Windows XP Professional with Flash Player 11 installed but this may work with whatever OS you have with flash player it can't hurt to try.

Click:Start

Click: Control Panel

Click: Sounds and Audio Devices Icon (note keep this panel open while working on the below process)

Next:The sound and audio properties panel will open

across the top there are tabs Click: Audio

the top section will say sound playback Click: Advanced

Next:The panel that shows the most likely speaker setup will appear

Click:Performance Tab and the audio playback panel will appear

Now here you may have to use the process of elemination but I have fiddled

with my settings and this is what worked for me.

Set the hardware acceleration to the second hashmark from none

Next set the Sample Rate Conversion Quality to the middle hashmark Click: OK

Next Click:Volume the volume control panel will appear it has five sections and each section

is named across the top along the bottom of each section there is a box named mute click the box below the section

named Line In and again in section named CD Player leave the other boxes unchecked.Click:OK then try playing your

video or movie again.

Disclaimer:The information here is not at all a substitute of professional or computer tech it is based solely on personal experience

if the above does not help seek technical help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines