• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preloader not showing until fully loaded..?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I'm having trouble with my preloader, it seems to not be working. What happens is that, when I simulate the download, my flash window just stays continues to be the background color, and then after it fully loads, switches over to my preloader frame. I'm sorry if any of this doesn't make sense, as I am new to Flash and all of the lingo

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're using timeline coding, typically your preloader only would be in frame 1 along with the code to animate your preloader display and furnish load-progress info to the user.  nothing else should be in frame 1.

if you do that, your preloader will be displayed AFTER all assets marked for export in frame 1.  ie, if you have embedded font(s), objects with classes etc

if you have a lot of assets exporting in frame 1, you will need to either change that export frame or make an external preloader (a main swf with preloader only that loads your current swf minus the preloader).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that I have in frame 1 is the code for calculating the precentage loaded and a movieclip which displays this percentage. Shouldn't that be ready before the it is finished loading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it is but that's irrelevant.

the issue is what loads before your preloader and i listed those items in the 2nd paragraph in message 1.  do those things apply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes what you said now makes since to me! It turns out my preloader was working out fine the whole time, I just didn't have anything to load! I feel so silly now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s.  please mark helpful/correct responses, if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines