Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Problems with WinXP and Flash Player 11.3

Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating RealPlayer Browser Plugin as described didn't help. I highly doubt it's the RealPlayer Plugin (which is running fine since ages btw), because all is running fine on a Windows XP machine were the identical RealPlayer Plugin is installed.

I rather think it might be an incompability of the Flash Plugin and protected mode under Win 7 64bit, because afaik it's running with Win 7 32bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Protected Mode is not available on XP, which is why you aren't seeing the problem occur with that operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell schrieb:

Protected Mode is not available on XP, which is why you aren't seeing the problem occur with that operating system.

But is protected mode the reason? Remember, disabling protected mode as discribed didn't help. So I still think, it's not too unlikely it's an incompatibility of the latest flash version with Win 7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you experiencing?  What browser are you using?

Sorry if you've already stated this, but I don't see it in the first post on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original posting with all informations you are asking is in another thread. For what ever reason parts of the original thread have been moved to this new thread now and the original thread has been locked.

I'm using Firefox 13, Win 7 64bit.

Today I've updated to Firefox 13.0.1, but other than announced it didn't help.

Disabling protected mode via mms.cfg didn't help.

Disabling RealPlayer plugin helps, but I don't wan't to disable this plugin for a longer time than just temporary.

The informations I got during the last three days are confusing. As far as I can see, the real reason for flash crashing in FF 13 hasn't been found yet. It's said some video related plugins like RealPlayer cause the problem, some say it's actually flash, and also Firefox itself could be the problem, which is the reason for launching the 13.0.1 update. We, the users, feel frustrated meanwhile as it seems the involved companies play some kind of recrimination ping pong rather than talking to each other and soving the problem.

However, it can't be the solution that users have to disable competitors plugins like RealPlayer or DownloadHelper to get a new flash version running that has apparently caused the problem by introducing the protected mode not fully tested in non-exotic environments like FF 13 / Win 7 64bit. So imho end-users are again as far too often before the real beta testers 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched this conversation because there was confusion on our part about whether you were using Windows XP or Windows 7, and the thread was noisy to the point that it was no longer useful.

There are multiple issues in-play that didn't show up during the months of public and private pre-releases that we conducted. 

The firefox 13.0.1 update addresses the silent crash on shutdown. 

The issue where Flash content no longer loads, and Youtube content no longer plays is an incompatibility with RealPlayer Browser Record.  If you're curious about the gory details, the various Mozilla bugs on this topic have them: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763459

The workaround to this issue is going to require you to disable Real Player Browser Recording.  You can still watch content that requires RealPlayer using this method.

Launch RealPlayer

Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.

Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel

Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"

Click OK and close RealPlayer

Restart Firefox

If you don't want to do that, and don't need the features offered by Flash Player 11.3, you can always roll back to Flash Player 10.3.  We maintain a version of Flash Player 10 for Enterprise customers, which exposes them to the least amount of change, while keeping them up-to-date with security fixes.

We're currently investigating a stability issue on our end, and continue to work closely with Mozilla on a plan to correct it and get a fix out as quickly and painlessly as possible.

At this point, I'm assuming that you're unstuck, and just unhappy that RealPlayer Browser Record no longer works.  Is there anything else that we can help you with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie Clark schrieb:

I branched this conversation because there was confusion on our part about whether you were using Windows XP or Windows 7, and the thread was noisy to the point that it was no longer useful.

Regading the version I'm using: I'd posted the details about OS, Browser and Flash versions in my starting posting in that thread. So I'm not sure what was unclear regarding the OS!? It's still Win 7 64bit. I just mentioned that I'm using XP on another machine where the problem doesn't appear.

Jeromie Clark schrieb:

The issue where Flash content no longer loads, and Youtube content no longer plays is an incompatibility with RealPlayer Browser Record.  If you're curious about the gory details, the various Mozilla bugs on this topic have them: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=763459

I'd a look into this and all I can say is, that the supposed RealPlayer incompatabiliy didn't happen for me until I update Flash to 11.3.300.257. After re-installing the previous Flash version all is fine, so I'm amazed how the RealPlayer should be the one that crashes FF, although it's working fine on my machine as long as Flash 11.3.300.257 isn't installed. Even if disabling protect mode. So from my point of view, it seems to be this Flash plugin rather than any other plugin that causes the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm branching this to a new discussion as the issue you're experiencing is unrelated to the conversation around Protected Mode and Firefox 13.

Please check out the Video troubleshooting guide here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you continue to experience issues, I'm very interested in following up and collecting additional diagnostic information from you.

Either way, please let us know what happens.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines