• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Firefox Plugin multiple problems on both XP and Vista

Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I saw a lot of discussions concerning problems with 64-bit systems. I however have 2 "normal" 32-bits systems. After working with flash player flawlessly for years my problems started after the update to the newest version a couple of days ago. The firefox plugin 11.3.300.257 gives multiple problems on both systems (XP and Vista)

1st system:

XP Pro 32-bits fully up to date incl. all service packs and updates. I have not much programms installed, just the important ones. Browser is firefox up to date to version 13.0. This laptop gave no trouble whatsoever untill the update to the newest flash player.

problems:

- slower browsing in firefox

- when playing music (youtube or random music site) and browsing at the same time the music hackles a lot. This does not happen in InternetExplorer on the same system, so it's not a bandwith related problem.

2nd system:

Vista Home Premium 32-bits fully up to date incl. all service packs and updates. I have not much programms installed, just the important ones. Browser is firefox up to date to version 13.0. This laptop gave no trouble whatsoever untill the update to the newest flash player. Note: freshly installed the complete laptop a couple of days ago, so there's no crap on it.

problems:

- slower browsing in firefox

- plugin container crashes sometimes (no pattern recognised yet)

- volume control wheel (the hardware one on the front of the laptop) doesn't work proper anymore. It sometimes stops working when trying to control the volume while browsing (eg. on youtube). I haven't recognised any pattern yet, it just stops sometimes... When I (left) mouseclick once on the software volume control mixer it starts working again. Like it had forgotten to work with firefox. Than it works for a while till it stops again. This wheel works proper AND ALWAYS with all other applications (eg. mediaplayer, vlc, etc)

Because everything worked fine and flawlessly untill the update and I haven't installed anything else on both systems I'm pretty sure it's the new flash player plugin which is corrupt. Now my need for help....What to do besides downgrading to an older version?

Reinstalling flash player (using uninstall tool) and firefox doesn't help on both systems. It seems that the compatibility just isn't there anymore.

Hope anyone can show me the way.

Thanks in advance,

Greetz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could somebody help me and tell me how I can simply downgrade to the flash player version before this last update (11.3.300.257)  without having to read pages of instructions or guess which file to get?

Cause it's clear to me that these firefox / flash player crashin' problems aren't going to be solved very soon and I simply don't have time for this.

I'd rather have the next update whith the fix and pass this crappy version....

I would be very grateful!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry we missed your first post.  There's been an unusually high amount of traffic this week.  I think you're actually being affected by two different bugs.  The first is an audio issue, the second is a stability problem in Firefox.  Please see this FAQ for steps on reverting to a previous version of Flash Player.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate it.

I've done everything including downloading the latest zip from the archives (fp_11.2.202.233_archive).

I prefer working with Firefox (in stead of IE) on my Vista 32-bit system, but it isn't quite clear to me which installer file I have to use now. The read me file shows that there are different installers for IE and Netscape, but I can't see any version for Firefox. Could you please tell me which installer to use for installing the Flash player for Firefox?

Thank you!

Regards,

ThaPlayah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I use this file for Vista 32-bits with Firefox browser?:

- Netscape: flashplayer11_2r202_233_win_32bit.msi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody helped me already. It's the correct file for installing the Plugin needed for Firefox. I used the .exe though (.msi for windows installer skin and .exe for adobe installer skin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I also noticed on one occasion that I could not control the volume by the wheel on my laptop and also

it seems that in this latest version (11.3.300.257),

the controler for the sound levels of flash,

are independent from those of the browser's in the volume mixer panel of windows,

while in the past they were embodied in the browsers volume levels.

For me this caused the problem that a plugin that I 've installed in my browser,

which mutes the browser on demand,

stopped being effective cause even though it was indeed still muting the browser,

the flash content would not get affected, since it is now independent from the browser.

I reverted back to the previous version and it works fine again.

Here is the official page of previous versions

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Switching_between_ve...

The way to downgrade is done in two steps.

1. Download the .rar file of the version that is giving you problems (in this case 11.3.300.257),

because in it, you will find the exe file for properly uninstalling it.

2. After you ve uninstalled, download the .rar file of which ever previous version you prefer,

and run the appropriate exe file, depending on whether you have a 32bit or a 64bit system.

Cheers!

Message was edited by: Ibizanhound2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep reverting to a previous version solved ALL my problems also, including the volume control bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the volume control issue as well.

It seems that the flash player is capturing all of the keypresses in firefox, and the only way to regain that control is to click out of the flash player, or into another window.

I suspect this is an issue that combines a problem of firefox being updated and the latest version of the flash player.

The volume control issue does not exist when you go to full screen though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Anybody gonna do something about the control wheel (hardware) issue?

See my other thread concerning this here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4872234#4872234

Greetz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think they are going to.

The issue only seems to exist with firefox, I have used it in opera and IE and it works fine there.

Flash is incredibly unstable in firefox and hogs up quite a bit of memory as well. On top of the volume wheel issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines