5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2012 5:47 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

resizing a list

_snickers

Hey guys,

I have a kind of beginner question. I made a document with four layers:

background - parting linies - head lines - information

Each layer has many many elements (like parting lines: parting line 1, parting line 2, parting line 3 > each transformed 50 pixels).

The final result is a list that looks like this:

Head Line

- info

- info

Head Line

- info

- info

Now I want to resize the distances between each list element to 60 pixels. And it's a list that consists out of about 200 boxes. Is it possible to transform all elements the same way? Or do I have to mark each element on each layer that I want to transform? And which tool do I have to use? I have three columns and it would really take a long time to do this for each box and each elment of the box :-( There must be another way...

I hope someone understands my beginner problem :-/ Hard to explain in English

Thanks for your support...

• 1. Re: resizing a list
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

If these are still Type layers then use the Character styles panel.  Select all the text, and adjust the line spacing.  (upper right corner of the panel)

• 2. Re: resizing a list
            c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Could you please post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible?

• 3. Re: resizing a list
              _snickers Level 1

PS.jpg

Of course I can. It's all about the red marked box. I tried to change the layers into English that it's easier for you to understand.

As I already mentioned I have three columns like you can see on the left. This is the folder of one of them. Each folder contains "arrows", "pictures", "information boxes", "titels" and "lines 160px".

I only want to make the distance between each box (like "Gingium Loesung") 10px bigger. Is it only possible by grabbing each line, each arrow, each title,....Or can't I mark all I need and say "10 px down" like in Illustrator or Indesign?

Thanks a lot

• 4. Re: resizing a list
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

We can't see what is going on because the layers are hidden groups, but I suspect each Type layer is a seperate layer, which means you will have to move them one at a time. If you want to increase the distance betweenn a group of type layers, then just move the group, but I have a feeling you would have thought of that.

• 5. Re: resizing a list
                  c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Or can't I mark all I need and say "10 px down" like in Illustrator or Indesign?

Select the Layer Groups, set the Ruler to pixels, hit command-T (or ctrl-T) and change the Y-setting in the Options Bar accordingly.

Unfortunately the Options Bar’s entry fields don’t support mathematical operations yet.

It would be possible to create a Script to get an entry-dialog for the offset, but that hardly seems worthwhile.