5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 5:47 AM by c.pfaffenbichler RSS

resizing a list

_snickers Community Member

Hey guys,

I have a kind of beginner question. I made a document with four layers:

background - parting linies - head lines - information

Each layer has many many elements (like parting lines: parting line 1, parting line 2, parting line 3 > each transformed 50 pixels).

The final result is a list that looks like this:

Head Line

- info

- info

Head Line

- info

- info

Now I want to resize the distances between each list element to 60 pixels. And it's a list that consists out of about 200 boxes. Is it possible to transform all elements the same way? Or do I have to mark each element on each layer that I want to transform? And which tool do I have to use? I have three columns and it would really take a long time to do this for each box and each elment of the box :-( There must be another way...

I hope someone understands my beginner problem :-/ Hard to explain in English

Thanks for your support...

• 1. Re: resizing a list
          Trevor.Dennis CommunityMVP

If these are still Type layers then use the Character styles panel.  Select all the text, and adjust the line spacing.  (upper right corner of the panel)

• 2. Re: resizing a list
            c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

Could you please post a screenshot with the Layers Panel visible?

• 3. Re: resizing a list
              _snickers Community Member

PS.jpg

Of course I can. It's all about the red marked box. I tried to change the layers into English that it's easier for you to understand.

As I already mentioned I have three columns like you can see on the left. This is the folder of one of them. Each folder contains "arrows", "pictures", "information boxes", "titels" and "lines 160px".

I only want to make the distance between each box (like "Gingium Loesung") 10px bigger. Is it only possible by grabbing each line, each arrow, each title,....Or can't I mark all I need and say "10 px down" like in Illustrator or Indesign?

Thanks a lot

• 4. Re: resizing a list
                Trevor.Dennis CommunityMVP

We can't see what is going on because the layers are hidden groups, but I suspect each Type layer is a seperate layer, which means you will have to move them one at a time. If you want to increase the distance betweenn a group of type layers, then just move the group, but I have a feeling you would have thought of that.

• 5. Re: resizing a list
                  c.pfaffenbichler Community Member

Or can't I mark all I need and say "10 px down" like in Illustrator or Indesign?

Select the Layer Groups, set the Ruler to pixels, hit command-T (or ctrl-T) and change the Y-setting in the Options Bar accordingly.

Unfortunately the Options Bar’s entry fields don’t support mathematical operations yet.

It would be possible to create a Script to get an entry-dialog for the offset, but that hardly seems worthwhile.