Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Dynamic forms for an android tablet - please help!

Level 1

Until this week I knew nothing about Acrobat, LiveCycle or javascript!  I bought the software midweek and have spent several days struggling to create a dynamic PDF form.  It needs to be dynamic because I want our staff, when interviewing new clients, to be presented with different dropdown selections, depending on the answers to earlier questions.  I've finally managed to crack this problem, only to run into another.  I want this form to be deployed on Android tablets, and neither of the readers which I have tried - Adobe Reader and EZ PDF - will open a dynamic PDF file.   I can save it as a static file instead and open it quite happily on the tablet, but then I lose the functionality.

Can anyone suggest a way round this or have I been wasting my time?

I'd be most grateful for any help.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I'm afraid there is currently no work around as the support of XFA forms is very, very limited.

Especially dynamic features are not supported by any PDF viewer on Android and iOS devices.

Maybe Adobe Reader will support more of the XFA features in the future, but only maybe.

Level 1

Pity.  Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, anyway.  I must see if I can find another use for my new found javascript skills!!

Ross

Level 1

Hi we use qPDF Notes and find uit works well

Russ