Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Issues

Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just installed the newest version of Adobe Flash Player (I had to so I could watch a video on YouTube) and now every time I watch a video, there is a green bar across the bottom of the screen and there is 2 of everything (almost like shadows of the images on the videos). Had this problem earlier so I uninstalled this version of Flash and it worked fine, was forced to update again (YouTube) and now the issue is back. Please help!! I am guessing there is something wrong with the Flash update?? I just need some assistance.

Thanks!

Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)

Google Chrome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue except the green bar is at the top for me. Here is a link with my thread and i posted a picture of what it looks like

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018981

lol if anyoen has any solutions let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green stuff always indicates some display driver issue; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

If you have any difficulties, please post your display adapter, driver version & date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution online. I am assuming you have an NVIDIA video card, what you have to do is manually go to the NVIDIA website and get your video card driver from there. That is what I had to do and it works fine now.

If you have any questions let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info BenypX23, you were exactly right....I have a NVIDIA Quadro 1000M video card, went to their site and downloaded a driver that fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Flash Player do you guys have installed?  The 11.3 release should have stopped that green line from being displayed with older drivers.  Glad you got your drivers update though (it's the better solution, as now you'll most likely get accelerated video playback when available.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I had the 11.3 (latest version) but it was still giving me the green bar. My Device Manager didn't detect any video card driver updates so I had to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! My computer did a Windows Update and now the green bar is back!!!!!!!! HELP!! BenypX23, I have 11.3, and NVIDIA says I have the latest driver.......is there one that I need to look for manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tll84 - Can you please post a dxdiag report?  What browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you see anything from the dxdiag report that i posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just figured it out. once the video started, i paused it, right click, settings.....turned off hardware acceleration.....and its gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you worked around it.  Did you send the dxdiag report to me directly?  I don't see it here in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, no.....sorry, i submitted a bug report or something like that....i followed a link in your dxdiag report link that told me to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope no joy for me some vids mainly the new ones on youtube work for me but the old stuff doesnt same with movie websites 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. Green bar on the bottom of videos. E.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL2d0wSCNRs&feature=g-all-s. I have Windows 7 x64 Pro, latest Nvidia driver installed (NVIDIA NVS 4200M 296.88) and latest Flash player (11.3.300.257). Only disabling HW acceleretion helps, but I regard it as workaround, not solution. Is there by chance any solution now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines