• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes Presets for Premiere CS6

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to import,capture or convert to ProRes? In the 6.0.1 update download, or a link near it, I got ProRes presets from Adobe. The only place If found such presets installed was in the Application folder of Photoshop CS 6 Applications/Photoshop CS6/Presets/Video/Adobe Media Encoder   Is this where they should be placed? Is there a way to get them to all show up at once under a folder named ProRes or should they be placed in the Quicktime folder there? I was able to bring up one at a time by navigating there in the export window, but it would seem to be better if they all just showed up. I was able to export successfully to ProRes 422 using that file path to apply the preset, but have not tried to cross convert or import. Does it work for that and what is the procedure? I have all the ProRes codecs installed from Final Cut Pro as well as the latest ProApps ProRes install. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to press the import btn inside media encoder.

I've download the proRes preset that the adobe.com said that I have to download. Then I opned the adobe media encoder cs6 and tryed to impor the preset. The import file is not working. When I press the button to import new preset I got this message:

“preset could not be imported.No exporter found for this preset”.

Is there anything that I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out:

ProRes workflow in Premiere Part 1:

http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2011/08/a-prores-workflow-end-to-end.html

ProRes workflow in Premiere Part 2:

http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2011/08/prores-workflow-in-premiere-advanced-options.html

ProRes workflow in Premiere Part 3, using interlaced footage sent to Color:

http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2011/09/interlaced-prores-users-take-note.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information that you send is about the CS5, I finding problems during the importation of Apple ProRes Preset in Adobe Media Encoder CS6. Whe I try to import I got this message: "preset could no be imorted. No exporter found for this preset".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 definately has some bugs, maybe this is one. You should be able to recreate your presets though from scratch in CS6 AME. I sucessfully brought presets for some filters that were created in CS5.5 into CS6 no problems. For my one workflow I just created the ProRes preset from scratch, never tried to import the old one from CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you know, but there is specifyde categories inside de CS6, I imported other types of presets (for kindle, iphone) and worked just fine. I think I having trouble to import the apple preset's because there is no specific categories so I can import the Apple ProRes. Do you know anything that I can do to crete this type of categories? And how to create the ProRes preset from scratch?

Thanks for anwsering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I'm not aware of categories, however I used the same principles from those CS5.5 links to create my new preset for ProRes in Premiere. It's been a bit, but I don't remember any big differences. FYI, we have only done short test edits in CS6 Premiere, so we've yet to really get our feet wet in the program. Mainly working on the new workflows with Prelude in the field and the new way Premiere works with audio, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines