• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line generation errors in log. How do I fix this?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: RH 9 (latest version)

Output: CHM

I have a batch file that uses RH's command line generation functionality to generate our CHMs regularly.

The command line works for my other projects. But I have one project that has three different CHMs outputted, and each chm from this one project always fails.

Each of the three log file generated contains info along these lines.

Adobe (R) RoboHelp Project Command Line Compiler version 9.0.0.228

Copyright (C) 2006-2007, Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Project: d:\hg\pcdmisqa\pcdlrn\help\toolkitmodules\PC-DMIS Toolkit Modules.xpj

Layout: Toolkit Modules-Miscellaneous.

Output: D:\DocProjects\Outputs\common_chm\toolkitmodules.chm.

Scanning project for compilation....

Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Please use RoboHelp to recover the project.

Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL. Please try to compile it in RoboHTML.

Any ideas? By the way, these helps compile fine within RH itself.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Okay, deleting the CPD and reimporting the HHP file to recreate the XPJ and all the other project files fixed this problem for me. They seem to be generating using the command line now.

But it created a LOT of work: all build layouts had to be recreated and all conditional build tags had to be regenerated.

If you do go this route, make sure you make a backup of your project first as you may have to refer to it to get things back the way they were after the import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still testing, but it looks like deleting the CPD and then reimporting the project from the HHP file per the suggestion in this thread might clear this up:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/3595009

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, deleting the CPD and reimporting the HHP file to recreate the XPJ and all the other project files fixed this problem for me. They seem to be generating using the command line now.

But it created a LOT of work: all build layouts had to be recreated and all conditional build tags had to be regenerated.

If you do go this route, make sure you make a backup of your project first as you may have to refer to it to get things back the way they were after the import process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp