22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 7:41 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

Repeating offers to install additional content in Premiere Elements 10

Russ Havens Community Member

After installing Premiere Elements 10 "successfully", everything appears to be all right the first day. All the additional content shows up in the menus, just as it should. But the next day, when I enter Premiere Elements, I'm greeted with a message stating that the additional content is NOT installed, and would I like to install it? (See image below.)

I have installed and reinstalled Premiere Elements 10 at least 5 times, first from a downloaded version, and then from the multi-disc DVD version, which I purchased. I keep getting the same message.

Although there are only the most basic installation instructions printed with the DVDs, I have followed the directions for installation as stated on the Web. The Windows control panel for Programs indicates all the Adobe Premiere Elements 10 additional content is installed. If you click "Yes" in response to the Install Full Content warning, the system proceeds to UNINSTALL the additional content, since it is already installed.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel core i7 CPU, 12 Gb RAM, and gobs of storage capacity. No other programs are malfunctioning. I am not a computer novice and have used various versions of Premiere Elements from version 3 on for the past 10 years. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Lightroom 4.1 on my system. I'm wondering if there is some conflict with another program, perhaps something totally unrelated to Premiere Elements10. Perhaps something is triggering PE10 that causes it to lose the fact that the additional content has, in fact, been installed. Could a registry cleaner, such as CCleaner, TuneUp Utilities 2012, or some other utility be clearing some essential setting?  By the way, although it shows as being installed in the Control Panel, none of the additional content is available within the program after the second day of use, even though it was there the day before. This type of error is a new one for me, and frankly, I'm stumped.