• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAPTIVATE 2 Export Issues

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a demo version of Captivate 2. When exporting to Flash 8 I get an error message " Unable to export to Flash 8 Call Technical Service" After 30 minutes on the phone.... " sorry I cannot answer that question. post your comment here.

Can anyone help????

I do own a copy of Captivate 1, and have exported to Flash 8, but would like try this feature with the new version of Captivate.
TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. Go to following location.
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Importers.

Delete the RDMFISTUB.dll.

Rerun the captivate, and see if it copies a new version of RDMFISTUB8.dll in the above folder. If no, then copy the RDMFISTUB8.dll from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2.

Close flash, and Captivate. Rerun them, and do export/import.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a total bummer. I too waited on hold for about 1/2 an hour and was also told the same thing, "can't help you". The person I spoke with was very nice, but had no answers. The only offer was to search Google for help.

I don't know how Adobe expects to sell this product without having some basic answers for this kind of problem. Really what good is this product if you can't export to Flash? I'm lucky I found this post as this solution did work, but I lost a ton of time along the way.

Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi medicineball and welcome to our community

You said: Really what good is this product if you can't export to Flash?

Believe it or not, this product can actually be used quite satisfactorily without ever needing to export to Flash. I'm guessing you are of the camp that views Captivate as simply a "Flash add on" that is used only as a mechanism to move something into Flash for subsequent tweaking. While this is certainly possible, it was never the primary intent. Had that been the case, you would see much tighter integration between the products.

Now before I instigate a long tirade about how this is Adobe and they are huge and should make all their products work seamlessly together, I'd like to point out that they are dealing with a product that has had at least four different owners. So the tight integration isn't there yet, but they are making strides.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources