• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing images after renaming the images folder

Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have a huge RH9 project with almost 500 images. Everything was going fine until we noticed that the name of images folder (XXXXX_files) as shown in the Windows Explorer was too long  and we renamed it.

Now, immediately the images disappeared from the topics and showed only the place holders.

When I right-click the image and go to Image Properties, I see that it is still referring to the old folder name. I can change the folder name here and get the image back. However, is there a way I change this globally? Or else, please suggest an alternative solution where we don't have to revisit all the images individually to get them back.

I also don't see any images under the Image folder (even after I get them back in couple of topics) in the Project Manager pod. Is that an issue?

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you would need any additional information.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds like you sneaked behind RoboHelp's back and used Windows Explorer to rename the folder. Shame on you! You have confused poor little RoboHelp now and it's wandering around all bug eyed looking for a folder that no longer exists.

So if this is what you have done, here is how to fix it. Rename the folder back to what RoboHelp is expecting. Do this part in Windows Explorer. Then, use RoboHelp to rename the folder.

If you rename the folder using RoboHelp, it will then properly amend any and all references so that they correctly point to the new folder name.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

actually, I have a similar problem.

I am unable to rename the folder using robohelp, I am getting error : "file" is not a legal folder name.

May be I am not doing it wrong...

Project Manager >HTML file Topics> right click > Rename

Not working

Regards,

Madhavi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

In re-reading this thread, I note that the original name was XXXXX_files?

This would seem to suggest that the images originated in a Microsoft Word document that was either imported or linked. If the document was linked, it's likely that RoboHelp simply re-created another folder named what you need. And in that case you would just need to ensure the images were moved to the folder.

If it was a simple import, perhaps you just need to import again?

Sorry, but I'm about to head out for a class today and won't be able to check in until perhaps noon (if I have internet access). What exactly is the name you are trying to use?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, Rick. This was a project created by importing a Word document.

But I don't want to re-import as we have done considerable changes after we imported it for the first time, and re-doing all these changes will be very tedious.

Renaming the folder to its older name helped in getting the images back. Thanks for that. However, the folder name is 94 characters long and I am a bit concerned that this might cause an issue at some later stage (most probably while or after hosting the course on our intranet).

So, is there a better way to tackle this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp