• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Sequence Presets in PremierePro CS6

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trialling Premiere CS6 and there are loads of presets missing on the sequences! XDCAM, Red, AVCHD, Canon.... all missing! Any suggestions appreciated. I have CS5 and that's all fine!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are MPEG based and latch on to your already installed CoDecs from your old versions. You will have to deactivate your CS5 temporaily to make them work. Off hand I'm not sure, but I believe some of the CoDecs will still remain unavailble then due to licensing restrictions. A lot of that has been lifted in CS5.5, but not all. some stuff requires a serial number. And then of course the usual: If you use any other CoDecs on your system that handle these file types, they may interfere and may need to be uninstalled.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a very helpful email from a techie friend which I'll share. It's ridiculously easy to fix this as it turns out. Search out the "cache.db" file and delete it. Next time you run Premiere it regenerates and suddenly everything is available. Soooo simple. And relax....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, & CS6 forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So am I, so this fix should work for you too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work.

I uninstalled cs6 including any other versions

uninstalled anything that was adobe related including Adobe Flash, litterally anything with adobe in the title.

used adobe removal tool

then did a search on my computer and deleted everything related to adobe.

restarted.

reinstalled Adobe CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this 2 times, deleted everything...

Still no presets available.

Help anyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets won't be there until you active Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Uninstalling all adobe software didn't help. Fiddling with the cache file didn't help either.. (win7x64).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please verify that your copy of Premiere Pro is activated online. This is essential in making sure this content is properly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My presets were there  and then after 3 weeks of workin perfectly fine, they have disappeared. I am activated and was running smooth  and now i've spent about 60 hours tryin to figure this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an alternative to activating online?

I'm using a machine that's not wired to a network (and can't be), and I don't have any of the presets I need. Uninstalled, ran Cleaner 6 times, reinstalled, and it looks like they're still not there.

If I can't activate it offline, it's going to be a huge problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contact Adobe Customer Service (not Technical Service), and ask for their assistance in Activation, without an Internet connection.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to activate offline and to get all codecs and presets? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on a Mac and I have the same problem. Nearly all my sequence presets are gone, I have no idea why. Can anyone help and say how to restore these presets? I looked in the Premiere Pro application folder and all the presets are still there, It seems that Premiere Pro can't find them…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deactivate, exit PR, reboot, start PR and activate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it like you said, nothing changed, the presets are still missing…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logged in as the root?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to find this file on your Mac and delete it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe pcd\cache\cache.db

It worked on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this file and folder doesn’t exist on my mac. I’ve searched every folder that Premiere seems to utilise, but no matches…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smartest dumb folks at Adobe seems hell bent on creating problems for its users. At last I had begun to like some of the CS6 products such as Premiere Pro and After Effects. Too soon I guess.

Can someone from Adobe please respond? or is it too much to ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha... I couldn't find the cache.db, magically it has appeared again. I am assuming some of you folks have seen it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines