Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

merge pages from 2 projects

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2006 Nov 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to merge the contents of 2 pages from different projects?
We have a general documentation project that we merge with an application specific documentation project. But for some pages I want to extend the contents of the general topic with application specific information.

thanks,
eli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Is there something missing from your question as the answer of Cut and Paste seems too obvious. You might need to do that via true code depending on your content.

You can have two instances of RoboHelp open by opening the projects by double clicking the XPJ file in Windows Explorer.

Post back with more information if that doesn't answer your question.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wish it was that simple :-). I'm actually looking for a way to automatically do this. I have more than 10 application specific projects and I want to maintain the general documentation separately from the application specific documentation.
Also, I do not want to copy the same text to all these different projects.

With the merged projects I can merge indexes, TOCs, and so on. And I'm looking for a way to do this within a page.

Thanks for your help,
eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can think of including the content of one topic within another is using iFrames but they have all sorts of issues. There's a topic on my site about them if it is of any help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I will have a look at the IFrames,
eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp