• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Special characters when linking with word

Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my project that I'm hoping there is an easy solution to.

I am creating a WebHelp project from some pre-existing word documents and I am linking them so it can all be updated easier.

My problem is that when the files are imported the html files are named according to the section titles, some of which have special characters such as '-' and '&'. Once uploaded to the webserver the files with special characters do not work and if they are clicked on in the TOC provide a nasty big error saying the file does not exist (it adds the ASCII number into the filename). The server configuration cannot be changed so I need to make sure the files do not have any characters like this in them.

Once imported I am not able to change the file name by right clicking on the page and going to properties and removing the characters.

Is there a way I can easily solve this problem without changing the titles in the word files?

Cheers,

*edit* I'm using RH9

Message was edited by: leecare

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Look in the OLH for Topic Name Pattern. It is field you will see when you import and I think that should help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the OLH for Topic Name Pattern. It is field you will see when you import and I think that should help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks peter, I am now importing everything as <$filename_no_ext>_<n> and making sure my file names don't have any special characters.

The page I used for reference if anyone else has this problem http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS9B9BBA99-B8AA-4628-B3F5-71EEFA2BE7C6.html#WS9B74349E...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp