• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Wont Start

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X as part of CS6. Seemed to work fine since installation. Two days ago, it stopped working, won't open. I tried the fixes listed in this forum. No luck.

Can Adobe help please.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi All,

Adobe has provided a hotfix to resolve this issue permanently . Kindly follow Solution 2 mentioned at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and check if you get Exit Code 0.

Feel free to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know what happens when you try to launch Acrobat?

It would be helpful if you describe on which OS you have acrobat too.

If you get any error message the exact erro rmessage would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific about your issue. Please tell us exactly what happens when you try to install Acrobat X.

Do you get any error message or warning?

Are you trying to install Acrobat X from CCM, disc or download link?

An error screenshot would help.

Also, please share the install.log at http://pastebin.com/

Install log location : /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/[Adobe Application name<date>].log.gz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

There is no error message. Acrobat X as part of Adobe CS 6 was working fine. About 4 days ago, it started up fine, and then just closed by itself. After that, when I click the icon to start Acrobat X Professional, the circle (hourglass) spins, it stops after 1-2 seconds and nothing happens. The program will not start. I look in the task manager and Acrobat is not a running process. If I delete the cache file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache, Acrobat X professional works for about 10 minutes and then the same problem happens.

This morning I removed all Adobe programs from my computer (CS6 Web Premium and Premier Elements). I will try re-installing CS6 tonight. There seem to be several other people that have this problem and I am not sure what causes it. I don’t know if it happened after an MS Windows 7 update or an Adobe Acrobat update to 10.1.3.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

[signature deleted by host: Please do not post private information in a public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your case is anything like mine, it happened when you hit 30 days.

30 days (probably to the second) when Acrobat X spontaneously quit and stopped launching for me. (Ironically, I had an independent license for Acrobat Pro X that never gave me any problems. When I bought the CS6 Master Collection, I removed the 'independent' license for Acrobat X and installed it as part of the Suite.) What a headache!! Adobe, come on! After all I spent on this Suite... and being an 'early adopter' against my better judgement! At least let us know what the hell is going on! I'd like to at least know that you're working on a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I just removed and re-installed the entire suite (CS6 Web Premium). I hope this problem does not recur in 30 days. I agree that Adobe has to come up with a fix. Too many people are having the same problem.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all,

Me too, I was having exactly the same problem with Acrobat X (10.1.3). Acrobat was installed as part of the CS6 Master Collection.

I tried to open a PDF from within an Outlook 2010 email, the PDF opened, and dissapeared again. After that I could not use Acrobat any more. This 30 day issue could very well have been the case with me too.

Please help Adobe, I like to continue to use your greatly appreciated software!

Gustave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in. I had an Acrobat 9 license, upgraded from web premium cs5  to thedesign and web premium CS6 which includes acrobat. It is no longer in the list of programs in the start menu. It is in the uninstall program list, repairing via that list did nothing. The program and associated files are on the drive in  Program Files (x86), but absolutely nothing happens when I try to open the program either from a shortcut or by double clicking on the exe file. It still shows up as the default program for pdf files, but just will not load. Very frustrating and is now costing me work as I cannot open a pdf magazine which I must create web pages of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. At this point I uninstalled CS5 to keep only CS6 and will try the reinstall Acrobat X pro and clear some files like sugggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Unacceptable, Adobe. Unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Since a few days ago my Acrobat or Distiller refuses to start. System: Vista, CS6. After reading a few threads it seems to be connected to 30 days after installing. It would be nice with a permanent fix since pdf-ing is a big part of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arpit please see my post below. Same problem. Adobe CS 6 Master collection with a perminnent (not sub.) license on Windows 7 x64 all service packs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad to have found this forum, Acrobat X just stopped working for me also.

I am on a Windows 7 64-bit, most recent service pack system.

Before I installed Design Premium CS6, on May 26th, I completely removed CS4 and CS5.5 except for the serial numbers, and ran a totally cleanup on my system.

It installed and has worked flawlessly until today.

I did the deactivate and reactivate function and Acrobat X now works, but instead of actually running the executable and opening the program I get the dialogue box asking if I want to run this program each and every time I open either the program, or a pdf file.

Does anyone have a fix for that issue?  I will try uninstalling and re-installing just Acrobat and see if that corrects the issue, will post results when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds a lot like UAC or user account control in windows which asks if you want to run this program. I usually turn that off in windows as it kind of bugs me...of course microsoft says you shouldn't. This is of course if Acrobat does actually open when you say yes.

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, I turned it off and it does fix the problem, as yes, the program opens when you select yes.  Unfortunately it is a global change, you cannot select that option for just Acrobat.  Will try removing just Acrobat and reloading next.

Francie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are ways to still have UAC on and get rid of the message. Sometimes right clicking the exe file for acrobat or other programs and selecting run as administrator will resolve this.

There are other hacks out there as well. If you google UAC your going to find a wealth of info on it. Reinstalling Acrobat may resolve the issue, but it could popup for other programs later.

Anyways, hope it works out for you!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, thanks for posting the additional information, right now I am under a tight production deadline and keeping fingers crossed that Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator stay stable.  Will definitely pursue the other possibilities when I get the chance!

Cheers!

Francie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows7 Ultimate X64

The Acrobat X Pro is part of the Design & Web Premium CS6 package.  I was creating a pdf from a Word document (MS Word 2010) and after closing the Word program the Adobe Acrobat closed itself.  Ever since that it's been unavailable.  Doubleclicking on the desktop icon, in the Star menu, or doubleclicking the Acrobat.exe in the Program Files folder end up the same result: absolutely nothing happens.  Acrobat X Pro does not start up any more.

I checked the intallation date; yes, Acrobat became useless right after 30 days.  Excellent.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get mine working again . . . I had to deactivate the whole cs6 package using Photoshop - Help - Deactivate - then I re-activated, again using Photoshop, and entering my serial number again, and now acrobat works. Not sure if I will need to do this every thirty days or not . . . . . I sure hope not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine isnt working either. REDICULOUS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I removed and reinstalled the entire CS6 Suite. A real pain and very time consuming. If it happens again in 30 days, this is a quicker workaround. I appreciate your help.

Bill Byrnes

[email address and quote removed by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Adobe Acrobat X Pro stopped working from one minute to the next, without anything fancy happening on the computer. Also almost 30 days after I first activated the CS6 license.

Indeed, deactivating and reactivating the full CS6 package did the trick. I used Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) as the starting point: Help > Deactivate, then after restarting the application, I entered the license again. Now Adobe Acrobat X Pro is working again. Thank you for the tip, jimbo7777.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the deactivation/reactivation does the trick, Acrobat is running again.  Thanks, man.   Much faster and less painful than uninstalling/reinstalling the whole suite.

It looks like there's a bug in or related to the timebomb function (at least on the x64 systems).  I just only hope that Adobe fixes this and we don't have to repeat this process every 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works temporarily... but then stops working 30 days later, as I have just found out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing this issue, Adobe has identified the problem and we are working on a permanent fix. This will be made available as soon as possible (hopefully by later today). One of the solutions discussed here was to delete the cache.db file. This is *NOT* a recommended solution. Please use the solution marked as correct on page one of this thread instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines