• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get skin in each page in adobe robohelp 8 in each page

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i right click and open a new page from the generated output  in adobe robohelp 8 the skin is not there. Do we have any setting in it so that if can have skin in each page if i right click and open. Please sugges me what i can do here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand on that a bit? What are you right clicking on?

Are we talking about a CHM, webhelp, flashhelp, AIRHelp or what?

When you reply, you will see a camera icon, a screenshot would help.

FInally, are you using RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

Sorry but the crystal ball just ain't working this morning.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking about a CHM, webhelp, flashhelp, AIRHelp or what?

It is about webhelp.

FInally, are you using RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word?

It is RoboHelp HTML

I have attached  the screenshot.NO_skin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you doing to display that page?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the skin some thing like the screenshot attached here.skin.png

This is available only in the Master page. I want that to display in each and every page when we open in the new tab. The new tab looks like the previous screenshot attached in the previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask if you are new to RoboHelp?

Skins and Master Pages are different things.

The skin affects the whole appearance of the help. It does not affect the appearance of the topics.

The Master Page affects topics based on it. New topics will have the header, footer and body of the master page. Old topics where you attach the master page will only have the header and footer.

I'm still not clear on what the first image is showing me. Is that a topic?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am new to robohelp. The image was top appearence of the new page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. The skin is nothing to do with the problem.

If you create topics without a Master Page, do they display correctly?

You still haven't told us what you are right clicking that results in this problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they do not. Right click- When we complie the result and click on view results it opens in a browser. And when we right click any of the topis in the from the left menu and open in a new tab the header displays as show in the screenshot.NO_skin.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The left menu is known as the TOC. (Table of Contents)

What if you just click the pages in the TOC. How do they display then.

Showing the whole screen would help more.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes if i just click on TOC it dispalys fine. But if i right click on a topic on TOC and open in a new tab it displays like this .pic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last screenshot. The whole screen when you click on the link in the TOC, in other words what it should look like.

Also open one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left. That should work OK and establish the problem is your project.

If it is, create a new project with just a couple of topics and no master page. Test that.

The above should start narrowing down the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

And from the sidelines here, I'm a bit concerned about seeing multiple instances of the Show link. This seems to suggest that your source files may have been repeatedly overwritten with the output files. In the first image I saw the Show link three times.

When you edit your topics, do you see little red squares all over the place? If so, you have likely shot yourself in the foot.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

My problem seems to be partially solved. But still i want the blue colour skin on each and every topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate the help, you select a skin. The skin has a toolbar area, a navigation area (TOC etc) and an area for topics. It does not affect the topic in any way.

Topic appearance is a combination of the CSS applied and any associated master page. If you open a topic in a new tab you are only going to see the topic, not the skin.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter. This was helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp