Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Italics in <cfpdfform>

Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm populating a pdf using <cfpdfform> and action="populate". Then I'm using the <cfpdfformparam> tag to insert a variable, that is basically a long string concatenated with other variables, into a PDF form. My question is, how do I italicize one word within that variable that I'm inserting into the form? Here's an example:

<cfset

variables.InsertValues = "Text italicizeWord text text" & variables.anotherVariable & "text text text" />

<cfpdfformparam

name="ExampleForm" value="#variables.InsertValues#" />

I've tried using <i></i> or <em></em> but that doesn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get this solved?  I think that you can edit your pdf form, set the field to "allow rich text", and then use Rich Text Formatting as teh value for your CF variable.  If you're not sure what the RTF should look like, create a pdf form with an editable rich text field, enter some text, italicise a word, then use cfpdfform in reverse, to dump out the value of that field into a file you can read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation