24 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2014 5:47 PM by Alex Tangerine RSS

Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Jerry Cannon Community Member

Have anyone seen this error on Lion Yet?  While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm the following JavaScript error(s) occurred: at line 173 ...cs6:Configuration:ServerBehaviors:PHP_MySQL:DeleteRecprd.js": -ColumnList has no properties

• 1. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
          inwebsname

Hi,

YES! I get exactely the same error!..

as you said: when trying to delete a record (PHP_MySQL) I got this error... the strange thing however is that I was in the middle of the site (i.e. I created several "delete records" before on other pages - without problem).. and then suddenly this error came up..

hope we get an answer soon... (have to finish my site )

• 2. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
            inwebsname Community Member

please... does anyone knows how to solve this ~weird~ problem?.. Is this a bug? Are there more people having this error?..

• 4. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Hi SnakeEyez02,

thanks for the info!.. for a moment I thought it would get solved, but unfortunately.. nothing did the trick..

- as suggested I started with 12,

- then 4

and so on... I've created a brand new page, checked the database (created a test tbl with another name, just in case), I checked all the latest versions of the extensions, disabled & enabled the extensions,.... but am still at the same starting point:

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CS6:Configuration:ServerBehaviors:PHP_MySQL:DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

when I check this file/line(s):

171   else if (control == "PrimaryKeyParameterValue")

172   {

173     var columnInfo = _ColumnList.getValue();

174     if (columnInfo)

175     {

176       var paramValue = _PrimaryKeyParameterValue.getValue();

177       var paramType = _PrimaryKeyParameter.getValue();

178       var paramInfo = dwscripts.getParameterCodeFromType(paramType, paramValue, "");

179       columnInfo.setVariableName(paramInfo.nameVal);

180     }

181   }

I really hope someone got this same error solved... my technical skills are not sufficient to figure this one out...

All tips / help appreciated!

• 5. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                manoj9585

In this case if you search on internet you will get the answer or you can go on website w3cschool for all the information about your problem.

• 6. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

nice.. a product at such a price and no customer service in case of problems with the program itself? ("search internet or go on w3school??")...

I've uninstalled & reinstalled Dreamweaver and the problem persists.
                  If I could "fix these problems myself" I wouldn't be in the forum to start with..
                  Secondly: I'm no programmer & better not fiddle with the code.

Is there anyone from Adobe around who can spend a moment to look in this problem, please?

again, thanks for asistance,

• 7. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

I called Adobe several days ago and their tech person acknowledged that there was a problem with this and that their engineers were working on it and there would be a fix, but, but it is unknown when that fix will happen.....

So for all those telling you to just search the internet for the answer, well you may search until the cows come home but you will not 'find' a fix for this until Adobe wants you to find the fix.

• 8. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Hi inwebsname

I will post back to you here should I get a fix prior to an official release.

Thanks for any and all help

Jerry Cannon

• 9. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Hi Jerry

thanks! that gave me already some info! (now at least i know it's a 'bug' and there will be a fix), cheers

I call them tomorrow (today was too late) & will post back here as well if I get a fix as well.

Thanks

• 10. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Still Nothing..........

I have made serveral case numbers re this. Adobe keeps responding with emails stateing they believe the case is closed. I can not drop this as it is a critical part of rapid application building. Could I write this code by hand? Sure I could but, DW should write it for me.

Do not give up. Your calls can help shine light on this and get it fixed.

Thanks

Jerry

• 11. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Taliking with Adobe tech. Started with low level attempt tp blow the case off, then was transfered to the wrong departement and told that I had to pay $250.00 US for a fix. I asked for a supervisor. Several mins later Shemesh Stated that no one was trained to handle this problem and I should look for a fix on public forums. I explained that there is no fix on the forums. Shemesh finally stated that he would ask his manager for assistance. Several more mins later Shemesh stated that no senior tech staff were available and he would arrange for on to call me in about 48 hours. That would make it on a Sunday..... After discussing that error, sometime on Monday was mentioned, which would not work for me as I would be at the hospital on Monday and out of town for a week starting the next day. An agreement was made that a senior tech would call me within  a "couple" of hours.

Sooooooooooo, I am waiting!!!!

If there are any Adobe staff, Managers, Superviosrs, Tech Leads, Directors, Officers, Investors, or any other titles who care about your customers today, and want to somehow improve or build customers for tomarrow, please get involved. Not just for me and my problems with your products but to just do the right thing for people who have paid their money for fully functioning products that are not working. While everyone understands that nothing is perfect, we should still try to make things right. There is a need to take the high road in business and politics. If one expect others to be honest and fair, one must be that themselves.

So Adobe..... Get involved where you can, on a corporate level, you will be glad you did.

Thanks

Jerry Cannon

Ps Sorry for the rant with typos!!!!

• 12. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Hi Jerry,

this really looks ugly... is Adobe really planning on getting all cs6 users stuck with this error until they release the next update? I'm not willing to pay $250 either to fix an error in a software that's completely new and is supposed to work without errors.

I got more or less the same info via chat, at this moment there simply is noone qualified to fix this, and was asked to call the technical department (no email, no chat).

At this point I'm forced to install a previous version from DW in order to complete the site I'm working on. Let's hope that lets me at least finish the project.

Will be checking here as well and hope that Adobe Technical Dept finds a fix soon for all CS6 users!

• 13. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                AllDayDev Employee Hosts

Sorry for the frustration, folks.

Jerry (and anyone else that was told they had to pay $250), can you send me a PM with your case number along with some details about what they said you were going to be paying for?

The issue is currently being investigated by the Dreamweaver development team, so no fix (certainly not anything you would need to pay for) is yet available.

In the future, if you should run into any issue you think is a bug, let our development team know directly: http://adobe.ly/DWBug

• 14. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

thanks for the update Carey, appreciated..

Meanwhile I installed my old DW version and got beyond the "problem point", so for the moment I am able to continue to work on my project - but I will keep monitoring the forum to know when a fix is found.

Thanks!

• 15. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Hello Folks

Here is my latest info from Adobe.

"

Jerry, as per our discussion, Dreamweaver team is aware about the issue and they have logged a bug for the same.

The bug number is #3227671.  Well, right now I cannot provide you exact time line for fixing this issue.

Whenever I get any information  from them I will update you.

I apologies for this inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other concern on this.

"

• 16. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                      Petkovic7

Was this ever solved?  I am encountering the same error and have had no luck fixing it. 

• 17. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

No, I have not gotten any additional info re this issue. I noticed an update for dwcs6 but it did not address this issue, or any of the many related issues.

Jerry

• 18. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error

Still nothing 4 months later......

• 19. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                            DdoubleU

YES! I get exactly the same error, too! In my effort to fix the problem (tried ALL the recommendations), I discovered the same error in both Dreamwaver CS6 and CS5.5.

However, get this, the Delete Server Behavior works find in Dreamweaver CS4. So my fix is to open up CS4, apply the Behavior, and then return to CS6—waiting for a fix.

Here’s a recap of the Error Dialog boxes:

CS6 Error (Version 12.0 Build 5842):

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s)occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

CS5.5 Error:

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD-2: CSS.5: Adobe Dreamweaver CSS.5: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

Again, in CS4 it works OK. And, again I’m waiting for fix.

• 20. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                              EasternOregonOReilly

Encountered the same problem while trying to implement the Adobe's tutorial on a confirmation form for deletions. Here is the solution I came up with. I used a blank PHP document called "delete.php" that simply had a form and a hiddenText field for the Primary Key that I was passing in.

I implemented DW's delete Server Behavior in that file and even though I got the error message, it still functions.

To delete the file, I created a confirm_delete.php in accordance with tutorial. Then I created two buttons, one titled cancel and the other titled delete. Here is the code for the buttons:

<input type="button" name="canceldelete" id="canceldelete" value="Cancel" onclick="window.location.href='manage_classes.php'"/>

<span class="hiddentext">CONFIRM DELETION</span>

<input type="button" name="confirm" id="confirm" value="Delete Record" onclick="window.location.href='delete_classes.php?class_id=<?php echo $row_confirmclassdelete['class_id']; ?>'"/>

Where confirmclassdelete is the name of my RecordSet in confirm_delete.php.

Works well and I did not have to jerk around with DW error.

• 21. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                                tharring Community Member

You've probably all figured this out by now, but if not, here's what to do:

To isolate the line-item record you want to delete, set up a complete link in your <form action=  as shown next> that goes to the Delete.php page using a URL Parameter called recordID, like this:  

<form method="POST" name="form1" action="deleteItem.php?recordID=<?php echo $row_getItem['li_id']; ?>">

When you set up the Server Behavior on the deleteItem.php page, set the 1st and 5th field in the "Delete Record" dialog box to "Primary key value", and on the last one, flip to URL Parameter, and enter recordID, not li_id or class_id or member_id. Then you'll get it to work and the record will be deleted.

• 22. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                                  lopezpagan

Hi, maybe this is solve, but in case not, I did something that help.

I had this error too.

CS6 Error (Version 12.0 Build 5842):

While executing onBlur in DeleteRecord.htm, the following JavaScript error(s)occurred:

At line 173 of file "Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: DeleteRecord.js": _ColumnList has no properties

I close DW (ctrl+q) and then opened the DeleteRecord.htm in a TextEditor in Macintosh HD: Applications Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Configuration: Server Behaviors: PHP_MySQL: .  Then I look (ctrl+f) for onBlur and changed to onClick.  Like this.

Before: onBlur="updateUI('PrimaryKeyParameterValue', 'onBlur')"

Now: onClick="updateUI('PrimaryKeyParameterValue', 'onClick')"

The error is gone and is working.  The thing about this is when the Delete Form loads it doesn't make any action, it will do it when you click.

Maybe this can help.

lopezpagan.com

• 23. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                                    holymackeral Community Member

WAY TO GO lopezpagan!!

After waiting in vain for over a year for Adobe to  fix this bug, your suggested fix worked for me.

You should apply for a job at Adobe... they could use a few good men!! This non-responsive 'support' from Adobe also tells me a lot about upgrading to Adobe's CC...  that AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN!!

• 24. Re: Anyone See this error? cs6 Data Object Delete Record error
                                                      Alex Tangerine Community Member

If you still want to use Delete Record onBlur I think I found another solution.

I had the same error, but after the error I could choose everything except the table. If you create it anyway you can change the table name directly on the code (it only appears in one place, so it's easy) and you will see on Server Behaviors that Dreamweaver will recognize the change. I don't know if this is exactly your situation, I'm also a beginner, but this worked for me.

Hope this will help someone....