You have to make sure your calculation order of the form fields is correct.
Yes, I did that after reading some posts. That doesn't seem to be the issue.
Then we need to see the form.
Can you post a link to the form?
I am new to the forum. I don't have access to uploading files. I could upload to Skydrive or Google Docs in the public area, I suppose.
Using Acrobat 9 Pro
Having almost the same problem. I am trying to create a simple form that adds a+b+c=d. I have done this many times before without any trouble. Now, this function does not work at all. I've tried creating a new form with just 10 fields on it to see if maybe the document itself was the problem. Still doesn't work.
I right click the field.
I select Properties.
Then select Calculate.
Then select "The value is sum(+) of the following fields.
Then I click Pick and select the fields I want to add. (A1, A2, A3)
Click Close and return to my form.
Save document and then type in a few test numbers. The Total Field (Total All), remains blank (empty). I've tried making it a number field, a text field, saved as new name.....
Anyone have a idea of what's wrong?
BTW: Opened one of my older Forms that has Field calculations and they all work perfectly.
Without seeing the form it is pretty hard to tell.
Make sure there are not duplicate field names.
If you post a link to the form, please make sure others can open that link.
I think your form field calculation order is wrong:
The first field you want calculated should be at the top of the list. You set the order from the first field through the last field in the order you want the fields to be calculated.
I am also having issues editing your form. It appears it was not created with Acrobat.
Here is link to the form with working scripts:
Thanks, so much. The form was created with Acrobat Pro 9, so I'm not sure
what the problem was with that, but your version is perfect. Thank you for
the help with the calculation order.
I have the same problem here! (Adobe Acrobat DC Pro 2017) I tried almost everything except scripts.
the solution is very simple lol. just LOCK the total field or answer field.
it took almost 5 years to answer this question. haha
That revised the field and may have automatically changed the calculation order.
In reviewing the thtead I see the original poster stated that his form was corrected and the revised form worked properly. He did not make the post as answered.
Good luck with any future problems you may have
Locking the field has no affect on this issue. It must have been something else, like the field calculation order.