7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 1:52 PM by xxxVoodoo RSS

auto-collapse not working

xxxVoodoo

It appears that the auro-collapse panels function is not working in CS5.5. If I right click on the panels and select the auto-collapse feature then when the panel is open and I click anywhere outside the panel it should automatically close. It does not do that. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: auto-collapse not working
          Nancy O. MVP

Auto-Collapse is not available in all products.

In some products, if you select Auto-Collapse Icon Panels from the Interface or User Interface Options preferences, an expanded panel icon collapses automatically when you click away from it.

Set General Preferences for Dreamweaver

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7f82a.h tml#WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7f71a

Nancy O.

• 2. Re: auto-collapse not working
            xxxVoodoo Community Member

Nancy - thank you for the quick response. I had seen that article but I have also seen this feature in action on one of the Lynda.com tutorials. I have also seen it mentioned and touted in several online forums. Also keep in mind that when you right click on the panels the option to turn this on or off is clearly there in Dreamweaver. It just does not work on my machine.

Still in search of an answer....

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: auto-collapse not working
              John Waller MVP

Definitely works here on Win 7.

I put the panels into Icon mode (auto-hide mode switched on) and whichever panel is open auto-hides when I click elsewhere.

• 4. Re: auto-collapse not working

Thanks John - maybe I'm not completely crazy. I don't seem to find any other place to configure this option so maybe my installation is just corrupted. BTY Adobe customer support was totally useless.

• 5. Re: auto-collapse not working

Folks.....I have discovered the problem! If you have Dreamweaver operating on an extended display the function will not work. If you drag Dreamweaver back onto your main display this feature will work! Does anyone know how to contact Adobe to get this obvious flaw fixed?

• 6. Re: auto-collapse not working
                    John Waller MVP

xxxyytim wrote:

Folks.....I have discovered the problem! If you have Dreamweaver operating on an extended display the function will not work. If you drag Dreamweaver back onto your main display this feature will work!

Still works here on dual monitor setup.

Can you provide an exact set of steps so we can reliably re-produce what you're seeing?

xxxyytim wrote:

Does anyone know how to contact Adobe to get this obvious flaw fixed?

The most direct way is via the official Feature Request/Bug Report form

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 7. Re: auto-collapse not working

John - here it is:

I am running CS5.5 on Windows 7 Professional with one monitor operating as my main desktop and a second monitor operating as an extended desktop. When Dreamweaver is on my main desktop and I have the panels like Insert, Files, Assets etc compressed I can click on the compressed panel and it opens to a fly-out menu. You can make your selection from the flyout menu and then when you click anywhere outside the fly-out menu it automaticall closes back up.

Now if I move Dreamweaver to my extended desktop monitor - which is larger and where I do most of my work - the fly-out menu no longer closes back up automatically when I click outside the fly-out menu. But here is the really weird thing....if I then click anywhere on my main desktop the fly-out menu will close even if Dreamweaver is on the extended desktop.