10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2013 2:06 PM by connorgrzesiak RSS

Lost all changes made to a script

thebrich Community Member

I am a day before we start filming on set and my Director signed in to make some tweaks to the script. He worked for about 2-3 hours making changes.

He then asked me to review them but I could never see the changes that he was making even though he kept saving it. So he went to shut down Story and has now lost everything.

Is there anyway to get those changes back? He is furious since he lost all of the dialogue changes he wanted for the actors.

Help!

• 1. Re: Lost all changes made to a script
          AnubhavRohatgi Adobe Employee

Hi.

Was the director working online or in the desktop application?

Are you available for a conference call now?

--Anubhav

• 2. Re: Lost all changes made to a script

The Director was working on the desktop application on a Mac.

I've been trying to convince him to move toward Adobe Story and away from Final Draft. This isn't helping my cause.

I could be available for a conference call if you think we might be able to recover his changes. We film tomorrow night.

• 3. Re: Lost all changes made to a script

We’re available.

Please email us a number we can call you at at the following address: adbstry at Adobe

--Anubhav

• 4. Re: Lost all changes made to a script
                Deepak - Adoby Story Team Community Member

Is your director a Story plus user? If not, then he must be working in the offline desktop application and changes made there will not reflect anywhere in the online mode. First confirm if this might be the case.

What ever be the case online or offline, is he able to see the document in his projects view? If yes, then open the document and open its "History" from "View" menu in the Authoring view. Now open your older versions to see if the needed data is present in any of the oldre versions. If he is not able to see the document at all then ask him to look inside "Sync Issues" folder that is there at the bottom-left of Projects view and see if the document is present there. From here document can be restored to any of the existing projects.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Lost all changes made to a script

Yes the Director is a Story Plus user.

I went in and opened "History" on his computer. There is only one version showing from yesterday and it says that it is the "Current" version of the script.

He did tell me that last night as he was trying to save the document that he realized that the reason I was not able to see his changes was because he was offline. So he clicked on the "Online" button and went down to make sure the document was saved but the Save button was greyed out. So he assumed that his saves from before must have gone through. He decided to close Story and reopen it to see if that would help with the sync issues and when he opened Story back up all of his changes were gone.

Right now the script on his computer is showing up as a Red dot instead of Green.

The last saved version shows as 8:53pm last night but he made changes until about 11:50pm last night that are not currently there.

Under "Sync Issues" this project does not show up.

Any other thoughts?

• 6. Re: Lost all changes made to a script

Is the email address adbstry at Adobe dot com? Sorry just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

• 7. Re: Lost all changes made to a script

Adbestry at adobe dot com

--Anubhav

• 8. Re: Lost all changes made to a script
                        connorgrzesiak

I am having the same problem. I haved saved my script multiple times on "offline mode" on my mac.  Today (Oct. 9th) after working hours on revisions I turned on the "online mode" and lost everything.  The script says that the last time it was saved was on Oct. 5th.  I have been able to save the script multiple times on the offline mode, close the program, turn it on, and continue to build on it.  It was only when I switched to the online mode that it is replaced by an older version. How can I recover all my prior work?

• 9. Re: Lost all changes made to a script
                          sunnyladkani Adobe Employee

Did you check the previous versions of the script ? Open the script, go to View->History and check prior versions if they have your recent changes.

• 10. Re: Lost all changes made to a script
                            connorgrzesiak Community Member

There were no previous versions saved