Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Literature Item URL in Web App Field

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm building a web app which allows the client to create items linking to literature items.  One question, how do I tell the client to get the literature item url?

For example, if the literature item linked to a "House" PDF literature item, I have a field called "url-house":

<strong>{tag_name_nolink}</strong>

<ul>

<li><a href="{tag_url-house}">House</a></li>

<li><a href="{tag_url-senate}">Senate</a></li>

</ul>

Thanks!

Brian

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

I have asked many many times. LOL.

You have to insert into the editor area and cut and paste into a text field you make

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, should there be a way to include a field in the web app which simply allows the client to browse to a literature item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked many many times. LOL.

You have to insert into the editor area and cut and paste into a text field you make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam,

I'm curious about URL itself now, see the question I asked here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4514423#4514423

I suppose another way to get the URL would be to mouse over the literature item, note the ID number and place it in the URL convention mentioned in the KB article, the other discussion mentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats correct. You can do it by posting the URL directly OR by using the ID and making the URL in your template on the fly.

Im with Liam though, you would think having a link field type should not be that difficult, you could then link to anything in your BC site from a web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Liam's technique and plopped the {module_literature,i,140114} right into my web app text field. Not sure my client will find this very convenient. BC is always improving, a link field type is much needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do this for a few and they do find it not natural but it's ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines