Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparing Access Date/Time to Coldfusion date

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have written a query to retrieve some data from my database. However, it is conditional upon my WHERE clause. The SQL query iterates over the database records and makes a comparison. This WHERE clause comparison consists of comparing a date/time formatted object in a field in the Access database to a date entered by user via a form.

The problem i am having is that i cannot format the variable submitted via the form so that it is in the same format as the date/time entry in the databases field. I need to convert the string variables submitted by the user via the form to an ODBCDATETIME i imagine using a CF function, but this didn't work (unless i was doing something wrong).

My question is: how can i format day/month/year (e.g. 01 01 2006) form variables so that they are the in a format that can be used to compare them to an Access date/time field variable (e.g. .1982-07-27 00:00:00.0). N.B. All times in my Access date/time field are equal to 00:00:00.0

Also note that i cannot simply compare a string to an Access date/time because it will cause an execution problem within the query.

Neil
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this?

SELECT.....
WHERE access_date_field = #CreateODBCDate(DateFormat("01/01/2006", "dd/mm/yyyy"))#

--or--

SELECT.....
WHERE access_date_field = #CreateODBCDateTime(DateFormat("01/01/2006", "dd/mm/yyyy"))#

The "01/01/2006" can be replaced by a variable that contains the date string, assuming that it matches the date mask in the DateFormat() function.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE aDateField =

<cfqueryparam value="#CreateODBCDate(aDateString)#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_date">

OR

<cfqueryparam value="#CreateODBCDateTime(aDateTimeString)#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_timestamp">

OR if you want more control over how the date string is parsed.

<cfqueryparam value="#CreateODBCDate(parseDate(aDateString)#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_date">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
parseDateTime() or LSparseDateTime() - not parseDate()

I always do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation