• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Literature Item URL: SEO Friendly?

Participant ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following article ( http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/portal_landing_page/Partner.html?page=665:bc_665:html ) states that Literature Item URLs should look something like this:

mydomain.com/_literature_12345/file-name.mov

However, my experience is that they actually look like this:

mydomain.com/LiteratureRetrieve.aspx?ID=12345

Has anyone else experienced this? I prefer the former option since it includes the actual filename. Is there a way to choose this formatting?

Thanks!

Brian

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Hi Brian,

By default the literature URL should show as SEO friendly however if you have some invalid syntax that cannot output in the url such as comma, quotes, etc then the system will auto revert the url to non-friendly. 

If unsure please provide and example of what you are experiencing so we can help confirm.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

By default the literature URL should show as SEO friendly however if you have some invalid syntax that cannot output in the url such as comma, quotes, etc then the system will auto revert the url to non-friendly. 

If unsure please provide and example of what you are experiencing so we can help confirm.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sidney,

Are you referring the the formatting on the name of the file?  In this case, the only unusual characters are hyphens and capital letters:

Arizona-Legislature-Senate-Voting-Record-2009.pdf

If I'm understanding the KB right, the link should look like:

mydomain.com/_literature_12345/Arizona-Legislature-Senate-Voting-Record-2009.pdf

I did find the correct number for that lit item (in place of 12345), but it still only works with the SEO unfriendly URL formatting. Ideas?

Thanks!

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me the link to your site where the item is outputting in an unfriendly manner and I'll have a look.

You can PM me if you like to have your site remain private.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sidney. The SEO friendly URL seems to be working now (not sure what I was doing wrong). Strangely, though the file name uses hyphens, the URL uses underscores. I wonder if this is because the title uses spaces? Hyphens are superior to underscores in the world of SEO, if I'm not mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines