7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 4:07 PM by gavsci RSS

heads up display

gavsci Community Member

The cusor flyout display in IA CS6 show you the size (height & width) of your object as you draw it. Is there a setting that I can use to force it to show me just a whole number (exple: 522 pt rather than 522.77 pt) without anything after the decimal point?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: heads up display
          CarlosCanto CommunityMVP

Nope, there's no way.

• 2. Re: heads up display
            gavsci Community Member

Thanks Carlos for responding, it took me a while to find it on the Adobe Help resourses because everyone uses their own terminology. Adobe calls it a Mearsurement Label and it is associated with the Smart Guide Prefferances and it didn't tell me how it could snap to a whole number without decimal values. I tried changing the snap setting in Smart Guides preferrences but it didn't help me out.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: heads up display
              CarlosCanto CommunityMVP

you're welcome, do you need the rounded numbers for any particular reason? or it just bugs you to see the decimals?

• 4. Re: heads up display
                Larry G. Schneider CommunityMVP

If you want whole numbers then make a grid in the units you want and use Snap to Grid.

• 5. Re: heads up display
                  gavsci Community Member

Well it is bugging me, I was following a video and I see the instructor moving his cursor around and it's alway a whole number and he tells you to release when it gets to 522 for x & y. And it arrosed my curiousty why is mind always has number after the decimal. lol, I thought for sure there was a way to set it so it snap or constrains it to a whole number. I know in photoshop you can change what information it provides by holding shift, ctrl or alt, I thought it may be the same. Oh well, if I find something out I will let you know.

• 6. Re: heads up display
                    gavsci Community Member

Thanks Larry for your suggestion, there is always a work around i know that, in my case I was using the polar tool and using the polar grid tool allows me to make it the exact size. But I was hopping to take advantage of that Measuring Label when the Smart Guides are active to tell me when it's the right size without all the exrat steps.

• 7. Re: heads up display
                      gavsci Community Member

Well, I solved my mystery, my rulers are set to Points, in my preferences for Guides & Grids I set my gridlines for every 72 points and subdividion 8. The grid is not showing in my document, I have Smart Guides active and Snap to Points active and when I create my object the Measureing Label at the cursor reads a whole number all the time. Whew!