Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airhelp output does not support popups

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new in using RoboHelp 9. My company decided to create an help using the airhelp output from RH9.

My idea was to describe the GUI of a software by using rollover-popups which explain the area the mouse is rolled over. But it does not work anyway.

First I created imagemaps around the area I want to describe. Afterwards I filled in the imagemap's form. I entered "#" in the field "Hyperlink" and the description in the field "Text for popup".

In the preview it worked fine. But in the airhelp output the popups are not shown.  I tested the same by generating a browser based airhelp: it worked! The same with webhelp output.

Any ideas?

I am using Windows7.

Thanks!

Derya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what you're trying to say is that locally-installed AIR Help isn't supporting the popups? WebHelp, yes; browser-based AIR Help, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right. That is what  I tried to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javascript has been a problem with desktop AIRHelp.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I followed the link and filled in the bug report form.

But is there any other way to make the tooltips work in the desktop AIRHelp?

Sorry: I realized that I used the wrong term. I don't mean popups but tooltips

In the screenshot below some tooltips concerning the favourites etc. are displayed:

Beispiel.jpg

But the tooltips in the content section do not work in the desktop application

Thanks,

Derya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2012 Jun 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because you edited the post after you just you had just asked if there was an alternative, I did not get an email notification. I came back to the thread to say "not that I know of" and found your additional information.

I will take a look when I am on a different PC.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp