3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 11:22 PM by Silkrooster RSS

how to transform a shape?

Kar209 Community Member

Let's say I draw a rectangle and I want to change its shape. How do I go about doing that?

I found some information in the faq's but it didn't fully help me.

I have selected the Direct Selection tool and clicked on the outlines of the shape (the path?) and this brings up 4 squares on each corner (handles?) and when I click and drag I am able to pull the line/path out, up, down etc.

However, I would like to be able to move the lines in a curve. I am looking to bring up the line with the round handles ~ like when the Pen tool is used.

I did it once by mistake but now I can't figure out what I did. I thought maybe that I had used Ctrl + click on the shape or path but that doesn't seem to be it.

I also tried going to the Pen tool to manipulate the path the way I want but that just either added or took away a handle ~ which is okay and great and all but not for what I am trying to accomplish.

So, if you could kindly remind me of how I go about bringing up that line    o---------------little square---------------o on a shape I would be happy to build you a monument in Times Square and then to travel there weekly to worship at your feet ; )

Thank you so very much!!

Be well and take care,