• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the newest Flash player for Windows crash so much?

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the newest Flash player for Windows crash so much?

I'm using the newest Flash player update that has come up on this computer.  It is Flash player version 11.1.102.62 on a Windows 7 machine.  I've experienced excessive Flash player crashes in Firefox and Internet Explorer.  It seems since the last two Flash player updates that have come from Adobe there is a big problem with Flash player crashes.

Previously, there was no problem... then there was the update before last and the problems started.  I was hoping the latest update would have that problem fixed, but now it is only worse.

Is it possible to go back three updates and install on older Flash player?

Will Adobe ever get this issue fixed?

Thanks,

digi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

being able to reproduce crashers consistently helps to narrow down specific problems.  the random crashers are difficult to track and otherwise fix.

the latest Flash Player version, 11,2,202,228, was release last week.  that would make 11,1,102,62 two version behind.  would you mind to upgrade to the latest player?  there are some crash fixes in our latest offering.  you can go here to update: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

it is possible to downgrade, but that is not advisable as the older rel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

being able to reproduce crashers consistently helps to narrow down specific problems.  the random crashers are difficult to track and otherwise fix.

the latest Flash Player version, 11,2,202,228, was release last week.  that would make 11,1,102,62 two version behind.  would you mind to upgrade to the latest player?  there are some crash fixes in our latest offering.  you can go here to update: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

it is possible to downgrade, but that is not advisable as the older release will not always be up to date with secuirity patches.  if you option for this, you can grab older builds here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#main_Archived_versions

Note: make sure to completely uninstall the existing version.

thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what is your display adapter, driver version & date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From digiday:

Pat,

I posted on the thread about not being able to post on a thread.   :^(

The problem isn't with my display driver... everything else with it works fine.  I updated my display driver months ago and the problem with the Flash player crashing only started a few weeks ago with the version before 11.1.102.62.  I don't update my display driver or audio driver every time they come up with a new one because that can cause problems... ie - Windows driver updates that used to come through and install themselves automatically in Vista would cause major problems and one time it completely destroyed my audio and it was never recoverable... after weeks of troubleshooting that back in 2010 I had to finally just upgrade to Windows 7 and wipe my hard drive clean... therefore, driver updates only happen with me if the driver gets corrupted and doesn't work at all.

The problem isn't with the display driver... it is with the Flash player.

Thanks,

digi

I understand if you are reluctant to update your device drivers, although a System Restore Point will make 100% certain that you can revert if something goes wrong.

Sometimes new Flash Player versions require new device driver features (or fixed device driver features) in order to function correctly.

If you are reluctant to update your drivers, disable Hardware Acceleration, and Flash Player may work better (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now I'm able to reply... guess they got it fixed.

Pat,

My display driver info that I sent you last night on PM was,

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

version 8.17.12.7533

05/20/2011

And the Flash player that I have now is version 11.1.102.62, dated 02/15/2012, but I haven't received any notices for any newer Flash player updates since then, and according to the Flash player download page, there are four newer versions... so what happened to the notices for those updates from Adobe?  Is Adobe doing silent releases of the Flash player updates?

And the last version Flash player that I had that worked well and didn't crash was version 11.1.102.62, dated 11/10/2011.

My current display driver is dated 05/20/2011... it was only replaced because the previous original stock display driver that came with Windows 7 got corrupted in a tragic video app previewing accident... that original display driver dated back at least to mid 2010 and I never had any crash conficts between it and the then current Flash updates, in spite of not updating that display driver until July of 2011.

The question is, if my Flash player is suddenly causing conflicts with a slightly dated display driver, why did Flash updates previously never cause Flash player crashes even though I was updating the Flash player with every update but not replacing my display driver with every update?  Why is it suddenly a conflict only with the last the last few Flash player updates?

By the looks of all the results that come up when I do a search on this forum for "Flash crash", it seems there are many other people who are having problems with their Flash player crashing.

I can see there is a difference and a problem with current Flash players crashing more than usual, so to attribute that to a display driver that is one or two updates old doesn't seem to really answer this problem.

Thanks,

digi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Archived Flash Player page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html there has been only one release 11.1.102.63 (a security fix) between your current installed player and the latest version 11.2.  I suggest that you update to 11.1.102.63 if you don't want to upgrade to 11.2 at this time.

Why does 11.2 not work with your currently installed device drivers?  My guess is (and it's only a guess) that 11.2 uses new features that are not correctly implemented in your older device drivers.  But of course there is also a chance that it is a bug in 11.2, but to be sure you would have to test it and install the latest drivers for your display adapter.

You can send a bug report to Adobe (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/953796), but I am pretty sure that they will not investigate it deeply if you are unwilling to update your device drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

I see 3 versions between mine and the current one... as pasted in and labeled below

It isn't that my Flash player doesn't work... it crashes when I get more than about five videos loaded in tabs... I have a desktop CPU and RAM monitor and I still have plenty of RAM left (over half) when crashes start occuring.  This happens when I'm loading YouTube videos or videos from other sites that are Flash based.

I'll try the most current Flash player update and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

digi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

digiday wrote:

Two of these are security updates released for Flash Player 10.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see now.

I wonder why Adobe mixes updates for different versions of the Flash player together into the same list.

Is Adobe releasing silent updates for their software now?

Thanks,

digi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction to my information above about the last Flash player that I had that didn't have the crashing problems... it was version 11.1.102.55 dated 11/10/2011... two versions before version the 11.1.102.62 that I've been having problems with lately.

I incorrectly listed 11.1.102.62 as the last one that worked well, but that's the one I have currently.

I'll write back after I install and test the current Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I got the update notice a couple of days ago for the newest version of the Flash player, version 11.2.202.228.  So apparently Adobe has resumed sending update notices in spite of their prior practice of issuing silent updates the last few times.

I installed this Flash player update but I still have the same NVIDIA video driver that I had before... NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, version 8.17.12.7533, dated 05/20/2011.

I've tested it now by loading as many as 10 Flash videos from YouTube and a couple other sites and I've had no Flash player crashes so far.

This seems to indicate that the newest Adobe Flash player has some bugs worked out of it, and that the older 2011 video driver has no effect on whether the Flash player crashes.

Based on  this experience of getting Flash player updates that sometimes have problems and some that don't, I would be inclined not to update my Flash player after this since I have one that seems to work well once again, fearing that I'd update in the future only to go through some of the same problems as some previous Flash player updates.

Thanks,

digi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just had to UNINSTALL the new broken Flash Player v 11.3.300.262 that got FORCE INSTALLED by Adobe, then I had to download my slightly older previous Flash Player v 11.2.202.228 from 3/28 that I was trying to keep, and I installed it and it works now... Firefox will play Flash video and Flash content once again, unlike with the stupid new v 11.3.300.262 that has apparently been reeking havoc on so many computers around the world.

I started hearing from friends about new problems with a force installed Flash player yesterday and I gave them advice about installing an older Flash player, then I checked my own computer today only to see that now I had been sobotaged by Adobe on Friday 6/22.  I thought to myself "Wow, I didn't even install that new Flash Player... how could it have gotten on my computer?."

But why is Adobe force installing their new Flash player on billions of computers when it's causing so many web browsers to not play video?

When I first just tried to install my previous Flash Player v 11.2.202.228, the installer gave me a very cryptic, indistint message saying...

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expercted. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomerAction 1, location: ...\InstallPlugin.exe,c..."

So the stupid Adobe installer isn't even smart enough to give a message saying, "You need to uninstall your existing Flash player plugin before you install this one.

And could I advise the appropriately named "Jive" forum software people to work on this forum interface a little more?  Jeezus, this cursor is jumping all over the place when I backspace and the spell check has NEVER worked in this Adobe forum software, but the inline spell check works just fine in this browser on every other web and forum text interface that I've ever used.

What's up Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received the following PM from digiday:

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't reply on my thread... there is no reply button that appears.  I'm not sure if I'm locked out or something... sometimes things don't seem to work correctly on the Adobe forum.

My display driver info is...

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

version 8.17.12.7533

05/20/2011

I sent a private message to "libflashplayer.so" too, but I never received a reply from him.  I asked him why I wouldn't have received a desktop notice of the previous two Flash player updates since I always have received them in the past... I haven't changed any system update notification settings.

I just updated the Flash player about three weeks ago... and "libflashplayer.so" is telling me there has been two updates since then, but I didn't receive any updater download notice... is there a Flash player update every week now, but Adobe doesn't send desktop update notices any more?

Thanks,

digi

Can you please post in this topic that you are also having difficulies to reply in your own topic: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/984429

If you also cannot reply in that topic, please start a new topic in that forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to this topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765 and check if there are any newer drivers available for your display adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had constant problems with Flash Player for the past couple of years using IE and Firefox - so today I downloaded Google Chrome (I had refused to use it before today because it was always being 'forced' on me when I downloaded other things)

I have just had one hour free of Flash Player crashes so it if continues like this then I will be a convert of Google Chrome!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteveInMalta,

Google Chrome, while being inferior in terms of how it is designed, inferior in how its bookmark manager appears as a separate tab instead of an easy to use bookmarks bar on the left side of the browser like in Firefox, and many of its convoluted, non-intuitive, hard to find features, it IS in fact superior in how it handles Flash content and Flash videos.

I was having so many crash problems with my beloved Firefox browser, even with one of the slightly older Flash Player plugins that worked the best, so I finally gave up on Firefox for playing Flash videos and I tried Google Chrome.  As much as I hate to admit it, I've NEVER had one single Flash player crash with Google Chrome, whereas I was having them all the time with Adobe's lousy Flash Player plugins in Firefox.

I guess since Google Chrome has some sort of built-in Flash Player, it doesn't have the problems that Firefox has with the problematic Flash plugins and their continually botched updates that Adobe is always forcing on users unless the user has the wherewithal to turn off the stupid Flash updating control on their machine.

I posted to the Google Chrome forum asking why their bookmark system is so convoluted and poorly designed, and I asked if there was a Google Chrome plugin that allowed it to have a normal bookmark bar on the left side of the browser where you can drag and drop bookmarks easily to, like Firefox, but there isn't.

So when you have the Google Chrome bookmarks "tab" open, you can't see your bookmarks at the same time that you're looking at any other web page tab... so you can't drag and drop bookmarks in to your bookmarks bar.  And you can't see the bookmarks underneath the bookmarks folder that you are viewing... you only see the bookmarks within a bookmarks folder in a second column to the right of where all of your bookmark folders are, so it makes it very difficult to find any given bookmark that you've saved in to a bookmark folder... it's just more poor design by Google.

And there is no normal menu bar at the top of the Google Chrome browser, like any other application in the world.  Actually, I think Google may be taking lessons on how to create poorly designed, non-intuitive applications from Microsoft.

But the Flash content plays without a hitch and it never crashes no matter how many videos you have loaded in multiple tabs... that is, the number of videos that you have loaded in Google Chrome is only limited by the amount of RAM you have in your machine, and if you have a little desktop CPU/RAM monitor widget, you can always see if you are approaching your maximum RAM usage.

My Google Chrome NEVER crashes with multiple Flash videos loaded, and Firefox with the Adobe Flash plugin was always crashing.  Google Chrome does pause and the little wheel spins for a couple seconds once in a while, but it always recovers and it never crashes.  So for Flash video anyway, Google Chrome seems to be the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, excuse me but I am no techie!  🙂

When you say that your Google Chrome doesn't handle bookmarks very easily what do you mean?  I have added all the bookmarks that I had on Firefox and now have a Bookmarks bar showing the favourites.

It wasn't apparent how to do this but a simple google search gave me the answer - if I remember correctly I had to add an 'app' or plugin that someone had written and then my bookmarks were visible - and it actually says 'Imported from Firefox' as the label.

So I can now open a new tab and select the bookmark that I want.

Are you saying that you cannot add bookmarks to the list because there is a white star which lets you bookmark any wen page.

Please forgive my lack of technical knowledge but I was not understanding what your problem with bookmarks was exactly.

Regarding flash player - I watch a lot of UK TV online via BBC iPlayer (a wonderful tool) and all the other players for Channel 4 / 5 etc.  And the Flashplayer crashes were getting really annoying especially with ITV Player as every time you start a session again you get six new ads to watch before your program starts - I was watching the same adds maybe six times in a twenty-five minute program!

So Google Chrome is wonderful even though it may not be as great as Firefox - 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SteveInMalta,

Here are some things that might help you to understand what I wrote about in my last reply.

Note that what WAS known at the "Quicklinks Bar" that appears at the TOP of the browser in Firefox (a single horizontal line of the most commonly used links for a user to have quick access to), below the address bar, is now referred to as the "Bookmarks Bar" by Google's software developers in Google Chrome. But Google calls the "Bookmarks Bar" (which is otherwise the vertical, retractable bar of that shows ALL of your bookmarks that appears on the left side of the Firefox and IE browsers) the "Bookmarks Manager", which is now a tab in Google Chrome, placed as other webpage tabs, and not a retractable bar on the left side of the browser, as it was in Firefox and in IE.

This adds to the ongoing confusion that is part of the many problems with Google Chrome... it is not intuitive and the references to features have been scrambled around by Google themselves for Google Chrome.

So what was previously known as the "Bookmarks Bar" in Firefox, which was the retractable, closable bar that you can see all the time if you choose to in Firefox, is now called the "Bookmark Manager" in Google Chrome, which is now a tab that displays one's bookmarks instead of a bar that is visible all the time.  So by putting the bookmarks in a browser tab, just like webpages, you cannot see your "Bookmarks Manager", formerly known as the "Bookmarks Bar", at the same time that you are looking at a webpage.

Since, in Firefox, you can see your Bookmarks Bar on the left side of the browser at the same time that you are viewing any given webpage in a tab, you are easily able to click-drag-and-drop a webpage tab and drag it to any given bookmarks folder that you have created previously, making it very easy to save bookmarks to the precise location in your bookmarks folders that you desire... YOU CANNOT DO THIS IN GOOGLE CHROME by nature of thier convoluted "Bookmarks Manager" tab that they have unfortunately invented.

And since, in the "Bookmarks Manager" tab, you cannot see the bookmarks that you have saved beneath each of the bookmarks folders that you've created and saved bookmarks in, it makes it far more difficult to find any given bookmark that you are looking for.  In other words, you have to keep clicking on folders to then finally actually see the bookmarks that you've saved within the folders, as they appear in a second column to the right of the column of bookmarks folders.  This is another horrible basic design mistake in the Google Chrome browser.

And easy to access features and functions that were previously, conveniently placed in named categories in a normal menu bar that appeared at the top of the browser interface (or any other program), like "File", "Edit", "View", "Tools", "Options", or "Help" are now scattered in a haphazard way under the little wrench on the right side-top area of the browser interface in Google Chrome, and now it seems the little wrench has been changed to three short, fat horizontal lines, which of course means, "Everything that was in a normal menu bar is here"... doesn't everyone know that?

So perhaps re-reading my last post, or reading what I'm reiterating above will help... maybe not.

Basically Google has created a new car called Google Chrome, and that car has its wheels on its roof, the car's engine is in the backseat with a blanket over it, the trunk is located underneath the car, the steering wheel is on the outside of the passenger door and the dashboard is hidden in the glove compartment, which is back at the dealership that sold you the car to begin with.

But the Flash videos play great and they don't crash!

Possibly this would be a discussion better served on the Google forum, but probably not, because there are mostly only a bunch of Google software developers and their minions who are answering questions there, in complete denial about how they bungled the basic design of how their browser works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I really don't understand why you say '

Note that what WAS known at the "Quicklinks Bar" that appears at the TOP of the browser in Firefox (a single horizontal line of the most commonly used links for a user to have quick access to), below the address bar, is now referred to as the "Bookmarks Bar" by Google's software developers in Google Chrome. But Google calls the "Bookmarks Bar" (which is otherwise the vertical, retractable bar of that shows ALL of your bookmarks that appears on the left side of the Firefox and IE browsers) the "Bookmarks Manager", which is now a tab in Google Chrome, placed as other webpage tabs, and not a retractable bar on the left side of the browser, as it was in Firefox and in IE.'

Please look at this screen shot of Google Chrome and note the Bookmarks detail which is displayed when I click on Imported from Firefox heading on the Bookmarks bar which is NOT a tab in google chrome but a bar which you need to add

Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SteveInMalta,

I've been talking about how bookmarks are handled in Google Chrome in general, not how they are imported as an HTML bookmarks archive file as a whole set when you are first changing over to Chrome from some other browser.

All of the references that I've made in my last two replies are about creating NEW bookmarks in Google Chrome from webpages that are being viewed in Google Chrome and then the ease or lack thereof in accessing them later.

You are merely referring to the fact that you were able to easily import your previously saved bookmarks from Firefox in to Google Chrome.  I thought it was pretty obvious that I was talking about creating new bookmarks within Google Chrome.

If you aren't following what I wrote and then reiterated in my last two replies here, there probably isn't much more I could write that would make my points any more clear.

If you actually live in Malta, then you may speak Italian or another Mediterranean language as your first language, and not English, and that may account at least partially for why there is a communication gap between us.

I did find it at least a bit amusing that in your screenshot of your bookmarks that it shows at least two different porn website links... maybe you could have posted your example of your bookmarks without exposing yourself as a porn connoisseur, so to speak.

But then, by mentioning that I recognized two of your bookmark link icons as porn websites, that in itself implicates me as being a connoisseur of some of the same guilty pleasures, so how smart does that make me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you use the white star at the top right to add a bookmark?  Seems easy to me - only trying to help but I'll stop now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SteveInMalta,

I'm going to try one more time, but this is my last attempt to explain what I'm talking about.

I indeed use the star button to create bookmarks in Google Chrome... the alternative is to go to the three fat lines button, then drag down to "Bookmarks", then to the submenu "Bookmark this page", so the star button is a little faster to create a bookmark.  But the problem is, that's just the beginning of the convoluted, old fashioned process of saving a new bookmark in Chrome if you want to put that bookmark in a specific bookmarks folder.

Let's say the you have around 50,000 bookmarks or more saved over time, and in an effort to be more organized in how you save those bookmarks, you create bookmarks folders to categorize your bookmarks... you can do this in Google Chrome and in Mozilla Firefox.

But in Google Chrome, you can't see any of the webpages in tabs that you are otherwise viewing in your browser window when you are viewing the Bookmark Manager tab because the Bookmark Manager tab is just another tab, like any other tab, unlike the Bookmarks Bar on the left side of the window in Firefox.  So unless you have a second browser window open along side of your first browser window, say with both of them at half the size of your monitor screen, you can't see your bookmarks folders or any of your bookmarks within at the same time that you are viewing a webpage.  But in Firefox, you can have the Bookmarks Bar open at the left side of your single browser window and you can see your Bookmarks bar on the left side at the same time that you are viewing any given webpage tab that you have open.

So, while you are viewing a webpage that you want to bookmark to a specific bookmarks folder in Firefox, you can simply click-drag-and-drop that webpage tab in to a specific bookmarks folder that is visible in your Bookmarks Bar on the left side of the page in Firefox.  YOU CANNOT CLICK-DRAG-AND-DROP A WEBPAGE TAB IN TO THE GOOGLE CHROME BOOKMARK MANAGER TAB BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SEE THE BOOKMARK MANAGER TAB AT THE SAME TIME THAT YOU ARE VIEWING A WEBPAGE TAB.

In Google Chrome, unless you want to save your new bookmark in to the same bookmarks folder that you saved your last bookmark to, then you need to go through these 5 steps...

1) Click on the star button

2) Then click on the "Folder:" dropdown menu

3) Then select "Choose another folder"

4) Then you get a new navigation panel and you need to navigate to the other bookmarks folder that you want to save your new bookmark to, which at times can be difficult in you have a lot of bookmarks folders and sub-folders.

5) Then click "Save"

This is the old, convoluted way to save new bookmarks.  With the far easier and faster way in Firefox, you simply have your Bookmarks Bar open and visible on the left side of the window, and you click-drag-and-drop your webpage tab for the webpage that you want to bookmark to the bookmarks folder that you want to put it in.  That's because you can see all of your bookmarks folders, sub-folders and bookmarks at the same time that you are viewing a webpage... YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN GOOGLE CHROME.  In Google Chrome, you need to go through the five steps I listed above in order to save a new bookmark to a specific bookmarks folder.  While in Firefox, all you do is click-drag-and-drop a webpage tab to your desired bookmarks folder.

Now, if you are not putting bookmarks in specific bookmarks folders, and you're just globbing all of your bookmarks in to one giant chronological list that is a mile long, then this wouldn't be an issue for you.

I guess this could be compared or analogized to how most Mac users just simply click-drag-and-drop a file from one folder to another when they want to move files around on their hard drive, but even though Windows users can do the same thing on a Windows based PC computer, most Windows users go through the additional steps of right-clicking on a file and dragging down to "Cut", then navigating to the other folder that they want to put that file in and then right-clicking and selecting "Paste".

It's much easier to click-drag-and-drop a file to move it than it is to cut, navigate and paste a file from one folder to another, but most Windows users are conditioned to go the long route instead of the simple route.  Additionally, what if you "Cut" a file with the intention of immediately "Pasting" it in to another folder, but you get distracted and you forget to paste that file in to the other folder, then you cut or copy something else later... then you've entirely lost the file that you intended to move a little while ago.

It's sort of the same thing with saving new bookmarks in Google Chrome, but you need to go through five steps to save a new bookmark instead of just "click-drag-and-drop", like in Firefox.

Additionally, when you are viewing your bookmarks folders in the Google Chrome Bookmark Manager, you cannot see all of the bookmarks that each folder contains below each open bookmark folder like you can in Firefox... in Google Chrome, you need to click on a single bookmarks folder to then see the bookmarks that folder contains in a second column to the right of the column where the bookmarks folders appear, making it impossible to look at a group of open bookmarks folders and see the bookmarks that they contain.

If you understand English clearly and you take the time to read and maybe re-read what I've written in my last three replies, this may make sense to you... at least I certainly hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines