Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branching view and rollover slidelets

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of my menus has rollover slidelets to help the learner find the tutorial that best suits him, each with a link to the assiocated tutorial. Unfortunately, the branched scenarios do not appear under the branching view, that is, the links are not taken into account by Captivate as if there were no link to these tutorials.

This view is very useful for people who start working on the project and I would like it to be as helpful as possible.

Using Captivate 6.

Thanks,

Bertrand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Rollover slidelets are not classed as true interactive objects in Captivate because they have no Success or Failure state.

I suggest that if you want your menu slide to show up in the branching view then use rollover captions or rollover images with click boxes placed directly UNDERNEATH each rollover object.  Then you can program the click boxes to branch to whatever slide you need ON Success.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question? And to which event is the action 'Jump to ...' attached? Or are you talking about opening another CP-file?

Branching view is bit limited, I agree, but normal branching within a project will be visible there, as well as all other navigation possibilities. Navigation that occurs based on advanced actions will not be visible.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and thank you for your quick response. Let me be more precise.

My menu slide has a few rollover slidelets. Each rollover area is a link to another slide, that is, the click action is a 'Jump to...'.

My problem is that these links don't show up in the branching view, thus leaving me with many isolated slides instead of a nice picture of my project.

On the contrary, menu slides which use buttons are perfectly linked with the sub-slides in the branching view. I would like rollover slidelets to have the same behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rollover slidelets are not classed as true interactive objects in Captivate because they have no Success or Failure state.

I suggest that if you want your menu slide to show up in the branching view then use rollover captions or rollover images with click boxes placed directly UNDERNEATH each rollover object.  Then you can program the click boxes to branch to whatever slide you need ON Success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, not as elegant as I would like but that will do the trick.

Thank you for this suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources