• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged CHMs in RH9 not appearing as merged

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded RoboHelp 8 projects to RoboHelp 9. I have 6 different projects that I compile as CHMs and they are all merged to appear as one CHM to the end user. In the RoboHelp 8 generated CHMs, when I would click on one of the child projects, it would appear as part of the merged help. In RoboHelp 9 generated CHMs, when I click on one of the child projects (any one of the child projects), it opens up the child CHM in a separate pop-up.

All of the names of the 6 CHMs are one word (no spaces and no underscores).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure I follow here. Do EACH of the CHMs involved have references to all the others? Normally you only have the master or parent with the TOC configured to look at and include child links. But each of the child CHM files has a basic TOC and really knows nothing about the others unless the parent is opened and it finds the children.

Sorry, but the behavior you are describing seems perfectly normal to me and the behavior you cite with version 8 seems abnormal.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are running into this bug/feature with HTML Help, where the window names are considered "different" and thus open a new window.

http://helpware.net/htmlhelp/how_to_merge.htm#global

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I have fixed the problem.

I had installed the second update to RH9 where the bug was supposedly fixed. However, it didn't help.

But, then I decided to take the RH8 files again and upgrade them again with the newest version of RH9.

The merged CHMs now work.

Rick, we broke up our Help into different CHMs, because the Help is very large. Plus, this way the user also gets more information in the Search pane using the Location column. So, they can see if the search result is in the Technical Notes section or in the Concept Papers section. However, we want the end user to feel like it is all one big Help and not 6 separate ones.

Regards,

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp