Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Navigation to the web page was cancelled" error

Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the posting from july 2009 about MS security not allowing opening CHM file from network, however, this occurred from a local (c:\) directory.on a windows 7 machine How could this occur when opening the file on a local machine?

Here's what i did.

1. published to chm
  2. uploaded the chm file to sharepoint
  3. a collegue downloaded the file from sharepoint to his local machine running windows 7
  4. he opened the CHM and the right side frame posted the message "navigation to the web page was cancelled"
  5. I downloaded the same file from sharepoint to my local desktop and it opened fine.
  6. I gave him the file on a thumbdrive and he copied it to his desktop. it opened fine.

Was this just a gremlin hick-up?

What is a possible explanation? Security settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Because the CHM was downloaded from SharePoint, Windows is likely blocking it. Likely you need to follow what is listed at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captiv8r,

thank you for your reply and for your procedure. For anyone viewing this, the solution described here is to right-click the CHM, select "properties" and click "unblock"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp