Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Functional Content and the Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

To any Adobe Employee who may read this, can you please get someone at Adobe to take control of this issue and see that the library, templates and all other functional content gets packaged correctly and enabled as a download and "sub-install" for the parent product inside the Adobe Application Manager.

I think as subscribing users we should get better service and direction from Adobe in regards to this functional content. As I type this I have more than 10 tabs open, each one leading to a thread that has something to do with how to install and fix a problem with the Functional Content for After Effects, Premiere Pro and Encore.

See if you can in less than 30 minutes figure out exactly what to do to activate this content by reading these threads:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4447237#4447237

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4418591#4418591

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4400620#4400620

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1006810?start=0&tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4511169#4511169

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1028055?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4417092#4417092

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1002454

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4417092#4417092

I have been very reluctant to do anything because I am reading a lot of conflicting and incomplete information. This link in particular, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html, is really unhelpful because there are 3 methods to do something but reading it I am not sure if each method does the same thing or if each does one part of the 3 sets of missing Functional Content. Additionally "solution" 3 presents a place to put the content but then leaves out the path we are to do it to.

Most disappointing is the fact that the first "solution" did not get me the menu buttons I am looking for in Encore and I don't know if I screwed up or if the install was incomplete for some reason.

Do I now need to install one of the other "solutions"? Those of you in the community that are about to hit reply, please don't. Do not answer that question.

Here is why...

Adobe is responsible for delivering us customers a product. It is Adobe's responsibility to fix the mess that a number of paying customers are having regarding this Functional Content.

TO ADOBE:

Here is what I and I think a lot of other subscribers want you to do:

You already have a Solution in place. One that doesn't require a lot of user intervention and doesn't require anyone to pick a "solution" and screw it up, search for more help and spend hours of their time fixing a mess.

Adobe Application Manager. Create the proper installation packages. Put them on the servers, tell the AAM how to clean up the mess any users who have tried these "solutions" have made. Then have it install the proper packages as a "Sub-Installation" for each of the parent software that it is for.

This solution will not only make things better for us end users, but you will also make the manageability of the Functional Content easier for your teams as well. And if your teams wanted to add additional Functional Content to any program that is part of the creative cloud or that the Adobe Application Manager manages, then it would be a simple matter of creating an installation package and adding it to the AAM's list of installable programs.

You just did this exact thing with Lightroom 4.1! Why can you not do this for the Functional Content?!?

Back to the Community Members that want to answer my post. Don't. Instead if you agree with me or even if you don't, sign off on this thread or indicate your virtual thumbs down. Either way I don't want an answer, I want an action from Adobe, the only ones who can fix the mess.

I really believe that the Application Manager is the most elegant solution. If any of you have ever used Steam, you know what a great feeling it is when you can download a game demo, try it, buy it and just have everything take care of itself. I don't even have to worry about updates; Steam takes care of my games. And the thing that makes it really valuable? I DON'T PAY $50 A MONTH TO USE STEAM AND HAVE IT JUST WORK, IT IS FREE!

All I want at this point is Functional Content that I don't have to read a 50+ page manual to install. I know that is an exaggeration, but honestly if it is 1 badly written set of instructions or 50 what does it matter? I don't pay Adobe so I can read up on how to install their software; I just want to use it.

I guess I should also point out that this is now the second large hold up to my project that I started subscribing for. The first was a problem that I again had to figure out the solution to by working around it, when again Adobe seems to be unable to correct the problem, here, here, here and here.

And now here I am again at a slight stand still because I can't use my DVD authoring software to create a button on a Wedding DVD menu.

Okay, you can go ahead and reply... but I would still prefer no answers, just /agree or /disagree.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an employee, but I am a forum moderator.  Please stop spamming the forum with links to this topic.  They have all been deleted.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking at addressing this in a future update. 

For now though please reference Library, title templates, template projects missing: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore CS5 - CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html for information on how to obtain the additional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even read the post?

Jeff A Wright wrote:

For now though please reference Library, title templates, template projects missing: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore CS5 - CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html for information on how to obtain the additional content.

Have you read the page in your link?

Can you correctly install from the instructions on that page?

And I quote:

Additional Solution: Install the Resource Central library content   

Download the extra library content

Choose your language to begin the download:

English French German Japanese Italian Spanish Korean

Extract the Library content to the Library folder

1. Extract the zip file that you just downloaded. This will create a .7z file, eg. en-US.7z.
  2. Extract the .7z file to any convenient location, eg. Desktop. This will create a folder based on the language you selected.
  3. Copy the contents of the language folder (eg. en-US) to the following location:

Keywords: cpsid_85388

Where? Copy the contents to where? I don't see a path written there... is it a secret? Do I have to highlight the hidden text? Nooo... that didn't work...

Honestly I must appologize for my brashness and sarcastic attitude. I find it questionable to expect the paid subscribing creative but not technically inclined customers to do the work of fixing this problem when Adobe has the means and the tools to fix it for us.

Jeff Bellune wrote:

Not an employee, but I am a forum moderator.  Please stop spamming the forum with links to this topic.  They have all been deleted.

Jeff

Ok. Fair enough, I will admit that last night in my anger and frustration I was being a little childish.

But as a Community Professional don't you believe that you would be better served by Adobe if they were to make one easy simple Adobe Application Manager download for the content that should have been published right at the launch of the new version? Wouldn't your time be better spent actually working on your projects rather than fixing Adobe's mess and responding to people in 10 different forums trying to help them?

All of this also makes me wonder how Adobe prioitizes the "bugs" that people are dealing with. Wouldn't it be quick to put a someone or a couple of people on the problem of gathering the functional content and getting them to package it and ready it for publishing through the AAM? The process of adding it to the list of installs might be more complicated but a package that knows where to put the content? I would think that something like this could be give a get it done now priority as it would aleviate a lot of the forum posts and something like the missing export choices in Media Encoder or Premiere Multicamera Issues would take more time due to investigation and so you put them on a priority based on the number of users affected.

It just seems to me that a month after launching a new version is an awfull long time for the publishing of an update to add functional content that was in all the previous versions.

I guess I will stop "ranting" now. Thanks for responding Jeff AW, at least I have official word that there will be some sort of update on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

We are looking at addressing this in a future update. 

For now though please reference Library, title templates, template projects missing: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Encore CS5 - CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-mi ssing.html for information on how to obtain the additional content.

Just looking at the page again trying to see if maybe someone updated the path problem at the bottom. then i realized that the second solution is for CS5 functional content.

Is there any QA at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The referenced document is for both CS6 and CS5.  Are you having difficulties obtaining the functional content for CS6 referenced in solution 1?  If so what type of difficulties are you experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright... so I downloaded the files for the first solution on the page. It mentions that I should remove the folders "templates" and "textures" that might be at "Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Presets", so I did. This was most likely from my many attempts to follow the "instructions" on that page.

Then I extracted the files to "A:\PremiereProInstall" because my C drive is an SSD and I take care to not use up space unnecessarily. The following folders were created with files in them:

• A:\PremiereProInstall\Adobe Encore CS6 Functional Content

• A:\PremiereProInstall\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Functional Content

I went in and found the EXE files that were inside the folders above. I ran both as an administrator because the first time I tried to install CS6 through the Adobe Application Manager I had problems with permissions and the install was bad. Running the AAM in administrator mode to reinstall CS6 fixed my other problems so I figured that I would play it safe and install these as admin to get it right.

Didn't help. I have menu templates but all the buttons and other stuff is still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, & CS6 forum.  The users in this forum will be more familiar with utilizing the additional content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, I really wish you hadn't.

I bet that when you "read" my post, all you really got out of it was the fact that I am having problems with the functional content.

all i want is for adobe to fix this and push it through the aam!

Then I don't have to do anything but get back to work on my project! I don't want to know how to fix this!

it is not my job to fix this

i pay you a subscribers fee for software that works, if it is broken you fix it

Read the post! I didn't want this thread to be about fixing it, this is a complaint. I was hoping that other customers would join me and complain as well by agreeing with my post.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Creative Cloud is the single most best deal ever for a complete media editing suite (not to mention that I would pay a penalty if I don't stay subscribed for a year) and Adobe's Products are where my experience in Video and DVD production lay, I would have canceled and found some other software to use by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old link but in case you are still having problems. 

I can understand your frustation ACT.onn but posting comments like this isn't really likely to get anyone onboard with helping you out and it certainly won't pressure Adobe into coming up with a solution any faster.  I believe there was an issue early on but it has now been resolved for the majority of Users'.

Are you still having problems?   If you go to the link that Jeff Wright has posted (http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html).

1. Download the file, save it to your preferred location.

2. Unzip it.

3. Double click on the file "PremierePro_6_Content_LS7".  When asked to run it, do so and the auto-installer should install the necessary files to the location specified.

4. Go to that location and into the folder "Premiere Pro Family Content Installers", you should see a couple of folder's: Adobe Encore CS6 Functional Content and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6    Functional Content.

5. In each there is an application called Set-up, double-click and each should install the appropriate files to your Adobe programs.

Mine was working ok but I've just had to reinstall Adobe CS6 because computer had to be repaired.  I know the above works as I've just done it this morning.  If it doesn't for you for some reason, post what exactly is happening or not as the case may be.  That way people will be able to help you a lot more.  I'm on Windows 7 64-bit system but I should imagine it's more or less identical on a Mac.

We all pay the subscriber's fee for what is IMO the BEST all round suite of editing software currently available (no I am not an Adobe Employee, merely somone who has been using software since the 1980's when colour screens weren't around and the avg PC would set you back over £6,000!  10Mhz processing power and no that isn't a typo, 10Mhz).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this now works, but it is an absurd method given the history of fairly simple installs of full functional content. I still do not understand the reason this was so messed up to begin with and whether this is to be the new method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello GG

I appreciate the help, but I sorted this out a long while ago.

I found a tutorial for a previous version of CS on a third party web site to know where to put everything.

This was over a month after the last post and well beyond my deadline for the project I needed it for.

What I said still stands. No paying CC subscriber should have to through this mess. As nice as it seems, it is still way below the standards of what I have come to expect from a free service like Steam and when I pay for something like this I should be getting quality service and software that would make me think that Steam was a childs toy.

I know that this is probably an over the top comparison, but if Gabe and Valve were in charge of Adobe products you wouldn't see this mess that we had to endure to get content that could have been placed in the application manager.

As much as I like helping and being helped by community members it was not the communities job to properly deliver these media assets. All of that was Adobe's job and the dropped the ball.

I am fairly certain that I will not post on this thread again as Adobe has worked to quell the masses and make sure that no one sees the truth on this matter, Adobe has a perfectly good content delivery system that they for some reason refuse to use for this part of their software package, but since the original post I made here they have added 8 new applications, upgraded 1 and added a training section to their cloud service, yet cannot get the functional content delivered.

Does anyone else see this as half baked as I do? They have the content all nicely arranged, packaged and downloadable, why can't they add it to the application manager, and why not while they are at it make it only load the materials in the language you installed the rest in?

/rant off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous post was edited to remove a comment about software piracy.  Posts that reference methods or places to pirate software are against forum terms of use and may subject the poster to account suspension or termination.  Adobe has a zero-tolerance policy on this and the policy will be strictly enforced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff you are out of line.

I did not pirate the Adobe Creative Cloud, in fact I didn't pirate anything. Any Joe who wants can download the functional content for the Adobe software, in fact they dont even have to be a paying customer. They might need a Adobe ID but that would be all. besides i am a paying customer.

Removing a coment about how I found the functional content in a *******? I never said where I got the *******nor what software I used to download the *******.

If the functional content is only available to those who pay for the CC or other Adobe software you only prove my point. Adobe gets paid to make software that works and when they decide to make  something part of the "package" then they really need to make it part of the package. They have the AAM USE IT! But it isn't I just did a test without being signed in i was still able to download the package.

So your editing of my message was pointless and my describing what I did doesn't endorse piracy, I simply used a method that produced result when Adobe couldn't.

In fact that is the second time I have had to go outside Adobe to get my work done.

/rant off

sick, you made me post here again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree.  It's not necessary to get as specific as you outlined in your asterisk-filled statement to make a comment that, IMO, falls afoul of Adobe's policy.  Your post was edited solely for content.  If you read my first post carefully, nowhere in it did I accuse you of piracy.  I only accused you of making a comment about piracy, which you did.

And the only one who can make you post here again is, well, you.  It's your choice and yours alone. 

Time for this thread to get back on topic.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan

Yes I know exactly where you are coming from. You are completely right in

what you say. I personally wouldn't be able to afford to pay the ludicrous

full retail price of Adobe software and the introduction of the Cloud

membership was fantastic for me. It's up to date and if it continues, will

mean that you always have the latest version. The whole suite of products

for £45 a month.

And at this price you should be able to expect that everything works as

advertised without issues. However, a single program is complex, so

multiply that by the whole suite. I only say this because I have done some

programming in the past and with the best will in the world, you can run

into problems no matter how much testing is done. I agree they should have

offered a fix earlier but that always depends on how many people were

affected by it and how many people are available to sort the issue. It's

normally left to more junior programmer's to do these things which can mean

it takes longer for a solution.

But products at this level are complex and require a steep learning curve

which makes people less likely to switch and Adobe know this so I'm sure

they have become complacent. However, all companies are guilty of this not

just Adobe.

And I do agree, it should be delivered through the AAM and automatically

install only the content you want based on your locale. I am sure I read

somewhere that they didn't deliver it via AAM because you could install the

other programs as a trial but couldn't access the functional content until

you had bought the software. Not sure if that is true but anyway at least

you are now sorted.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree with you, that the roll-out of both CS6 and the Creative Cloud, have not gone perfectly. The delivery of the Additional Functional Content is a case-in-point. I feel (hope?), that Adobe has learned from this experience, and will soon have the kinks ironed out.

While I really like my perpetual licenses, and will likely continue to use them, for as long as they last, I do see advantages to the CC approach. One example, and as you cite, is that Photoshop CS 6 has updates on the CC, that are not yet available to the perpetual license holders. I assume that they will be, at some point in time, but CC users get some neat features, that not yet available to me. [I use the word "yet," as I do not know if those additions WILL make it to my perpetual license Photoshop CS 6 - time will tell.]

Personally, I think that Adobe "reached too far" with both the major CS 6 upgrade, and also the CC, but that is just me. I think that Adobe was under pressure from an "historic deadline," and tried for too much, within that time frame. However, I think that they WILL get it sorted out, but there will be pain in Adobe-land, until it has been fixed.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do agree with you, that the roll-out of both CS6 and the Creative Cloud, have not gone perfectly. The delivery of the Additional Functional Content is a case-in-point. I feel (hope?), that Adobe has learned from this experience, and will soon have the kinks ironed out.

Part of the issue here is that there is no difference between perpetual and cloud problems with PR/EN functional content. A major change was made to the content and to the install paths/methods.

I am still guessing as to Adobe's motives in splitting the "buttons" etc not only from the "templates only" functional content, but also to dramatically reduce the number of templates. So I am not clear whether they think there is a lesson to be learned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

Point taken. I have never been "edited" anywhere else and it feels like you are simply thumping people with a big stick. This I think is the 3rd time you have changed one of my posts, second time on this thread in particular. I had originally posted this in a different grouping and you moved it. The intent originally of the first post was to try and speak to Adobe through the forums in numbers about something rather than start ANOTHER thread to get help for the functional content. The point was send a message not please help me and by moving it you changed my intent and meaning behind the first post. You might as well have deleted the entire thread instead.

So there is no way to get this thread back on the topic intended no matter what we say or do because this help me thread was not what I wanted this thread to be.

Bill, I totaly agree and I had never thought of that before.

Despite all my ranting, I love the Creative Cloud Suite and all the products Adobe has put in them. I just wish they had included the functional content as part of the same distribution system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been "edited" anywhere else and it feels like you are simply thumping people with a big stick.

If you read around this forum, there's a lot of stuff that I and the other moderators let go on before we feel like we have to step in.  I'm usually the first of the group to step in, and most times I have the backing of the other moderators (but not always).  Some members may raise their eyebrows at what is allowed to remain, while others will feel like censorship is rampant here.

I've participated in forums where the moderation is a lot more heavy-handed and quick to "thump", and I've also participated in forums where it seems like there is no moderation at all.  I try at all times to strike a balance between those extremes in a way that I think will work best for the Adobe community at large.  I try to be fair and leave as much original content and intent as intact as possible.  I'm rarely popular for the decisions I make, but I have a thick skin and Adobe hasn't fired me yet, so I'll continue to work the way I do. 

I'm sorry you feel like you're being thumped.  In reality, until your account is suspended, you're only being gently poked with that big stick.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The intent originally of the first post was to try and speak to Adobe through the forums in numbers about something rather than start ANOTHER thread to get help for the functional content. The point was send a message not please help me and by moving it you changed my intent and meaning behind the first post. You might as well have deleted the entire thread instead.

That the thread has evolved into a "help me" topic is actually a good thing, because current and future visitors that need help with getting hold of the functional content will be pointed to this topic when they search.  So you've rightly expressed your displeasure with the messed-up (non-)delivery of the functional content, and you've created a place where other people can get help with the issue.  Kind of a twofer.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, well... Still not what I was going for. There were already a few threads dealing with it. Oh Well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With threads in these forums, one has to consider how the forums, themselves, are most often used.

1. First, there are those, who ask a question, and hopefully receive a helpful answer, or two. Job done.
  2. Then, there are those, who come here with a problem, but before they post, they do a Search, to see if their problem has been discussed already, and there are answers, that will prove useful to them. We usually see a lot of "wow, this thread answered all of my questions - thank you."
  3. Last, there are those who do not search so much, but just pick topics, that look useful, and begin reading those. If I am not actively helping someone from that first group, I do this most often - just reading and learning. Those users are usually never heard from, as they do not usually have a particular problem, but are using the forum like an ever-expanding Help file.

It is the primary job of the MOD's, to see that all aspects of the forums, work for the greatest number of people.

That is one reason why it is important for the OP to mark a question as answered, and Replies as Helpful. That lets new users, when doing a Search, know that there WERE answers, that helped the OP. Also, Adobe has a team, that is responsible for the forums, themselves, and they use the data on "Correct," "Helpful," etc., to go to the upper-powers, and say, "Look, these forums DO work, and we need to support them."

Like Jeff pointed out, this thread will serve a continuing purpose, and to many more users, than have responded in it. Thank you for that.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I have been poked by Jeff's "big stick," and I have to say that even when I was the recipient, felt that he did the correct thing. It is all too easy for one to let a few comments, or criticisms, become internalized and all too quickly. I know that I have been guilty, from time to time. With but a very few exceptions, I have supported the MOD's actions, and when I did not, have to remind myself that they are in the "trenches," while I am on the outside, looking in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my one wish for Christmas this year is for Santa to remove every comma key from every keyboard owned by Bill Hunt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines