• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I try e-commerce without paying for a year's subscription?

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm so new to Business Catalyst that I don't even know what questions to ask... Any help would be appreciated!

I designed a customer's site in Muse, giddy with glee that I can finally, FINALLY handle e-commerce sites. I'd heard that all a person has to do is design the site, upload it to Business Catalyst, install a "module," and viola! Done! Great - I have a Creative Cloud subscription, so I get five sites hosted free. This sounds perfect!

But... I published my site to BC, and I see no way to install the "module." I fear I may have to purchase an additional plan to get the e-commerce doohicky? I'm not sure I want to pay $420 for a year's access to the e-commerce part just yet - I'd really kinda like my customer's approval on the site first, and he's not gonna do that unless he can see how things will work.

Is there a way to do a "trial run" with e-commerce before going live and having to pay the $420 a year? I'd really like to see how it all works and give my customer a chance to see a test page before committing that kind of money... Is that possible?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Hi,

You can create another account outside muse and instead within BC to test all the features we offer.  Although you cannot add a payment gateway in trial you can still do an offline test transaction to test the experience.

- https://syd.worldsecuresystems.com/PartnerPortal/FreeTrialSignup.aspx#splash

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can create another account outside muse and instead within BC to test all the features we offer.  Although you cannot add a payment gateway in trial you can still do an offline test transaction to test the experience.

- https://syd.worldsecuresystems.com/PartnerPortal/FreeTrialSignup.aspx#splash

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! Thanks!

Um... Is there a way I can use the site I've already designed in Muse? Or do I have to start over and use a template? Of the fifteen or twenty pages in the site, only one will have e-commerce (he's only selling a few items)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines