• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error message .cpbackup

Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have recently created a new project with Captivate 5.5 by copying slides from 3 previous projects.

This project is made of only slides of quiz. I saved the whole new project and closed it.

Now that I am willing to work on it again, I open it but no text is found and an error message immediately appears.

It says that Captivate has tried to recover the project as a .cpbackup file...but there is no such file in my computer.

Then it suggests to close the application and as I do so, the application shuts down.

Is there any possibility to recover this project instead of doing it from scratch again?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might be able to recover it with this method:

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/09/recovering-the-project.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and please, activate the option to create a backup file in the Settings, General. You can specify also the folder to store those backups, if backup functionality was activated perhaps you'll find the backup file in that folder (may be different from the folder where you store your captivate files)

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, Andy, your link hasn't worked for me ...as it is mentioned at the very end bottom of the page.

Do you know any other tips to fix this problem?

Thank you a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't the suggestion at the site Andy pointed to not work for you? I don't understand "as it is mentioned at the very bottom of the page"...

.cptx files may be 'hidden'. If you set Windows Explorer to 'show hidden files', maybe you'll see the .cptx files that are auto-created as backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Erik, the option to create a backup is disabled by default in 5.5. The blog post is pointing to recovering a file from the cache files.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources