16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 1:33 PM by Ryan Barrans RSS

When will Lightroom be included in Creative Cloud?

Jessica Sideways

Howdy,

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I was wondering, when will Adobe include Lightroom in the Creative Cloud bundle?

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Sincerely,

Jessica Sideways

• 1. Re: When will Lightroom be included in Creative Cloud?
          JerryGerber

Jessica Sideways wrote:

Howdy,

I was wondering, when will Adobe include Lightroom in the Creative Cloud bundle?

Only Adobe knows their own plans, but my guess is never.  Lightroom is the budget software, powerful but primarily targeted at hobbyists and amateurs.  Witness the "Blurb" module in LR 4.  The creative cloud is a pro bundle.

Jerry

• 2. Re: When will Lightroom be included in Creative Cloud?
            quenton8 Community Member

I have to disagree -- LR is the only real professional photo management package that is available from a

recognized source.

If you want to go hobbyist, then you would use PSE which does both managment and editing and pretty well at that.

LR is aimed at professionals and serious amateurs.

Will the creative cloud ever have LR -- I suspect that depends on how much professionals use the creative cloud,

personally I am not interested.

• 3. Re: When will Lightroom be included in Creative Cloud?
              JerryGerber Community Member

Dennis Smith wrote:

Dennis Smith wrote:

I can agree with serious amateurs, but not professionals.  I'm not saying pros never use it, but that is not where Adobe's marketing team is aiming it. 

Read the copy here to see where I'm coming from:

http://success.adobe.com/en/na/sem/products/lightroom.html?kw=p&sdid=ESDNI&skwcid=TC|22181 |lightroom||S|e|12466420702.

"Share your best shots on social networks, in web galleries and more"  is not why people who sell their photography for a living buy image processing software.

A wedding photgrapher friend of mine did use LR for a while, finding the raw conversion interface superior to that of Camera Raw, and I agree-- that aspect of LR is very powerful.  It's one of the main reasons why I use it.

But merits aside, and talking only about how Adobe has been pricing, marketing, and developing LR to date, I don't think it is destined to keep company with the CS suite on the cloud. 

Jerry

• 4. Re: When will Lightroom be included in Creative Cloud?
                Lee Jay Community Member

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/faq.html

What is Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 4?

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 software is a complete, end-to-end solution for photographers, both amateur and professional, who want to bring out the best from their photographs. It provides a comprehensive set of tools for any digital imaging tasks and uses the best of Adobe's imaging technologies, allowing photographers to achieve amazing image quality.

Who uses Lightroom 4?

Lightroom 4 is designed for photographers who want the best possible images and an intuitive, all-in-one solution for their digital photography. It includes powerful yet simple automatic adjustments and features as well as state-of-the-art advanced tools, and it's used by photographers ranging from passionate amateurs to experienced professionals.