• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huge problems after updating to 9.02

Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

after the update to 9.02 we are having severe problems wth RoboHelp on all our computers. From one day to the next (not immediately after updating), RoboHelp crashes each time you try to open a project or create a new project. On one computer it helped to run RoboHelp with admin rights ("run as.."), on another computer we had to create a new user.

I heard similar complaints from a customer after they updated to 9.02 too. Any ideas about this?

We use german OS (Win XP) and german UI of the TCS. New installation of the TCS is not possible at this time, perhaps in a few days.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert. Have you checked out the advice given at this link, in particular the access rights required:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/installing/installing.htm#upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colum,

thanks for the fast reply - yes we follow these guidelines and there have not been any problems with previous installations or updates.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links Column has pointed you to may help. Given that we don't see many installation problems on the forum, my thinking is going towards examing how the installation was performed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add - what gets me most is that the problem occurres suddenly,

not directly after the update.

For example, on one Laptop I had the update installed last Friday. I

could work all day on Monday, but on Tuesday RoboHelp crashed under my

user account each time I used it. I had to create an entirely new

account and so far RoboHelp works under this new account.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That strongly suggests that somehow your profile got messed up along the way. Is it the same for the others with this problem.?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp