• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCUP/SCCM install of 11.3.300.257 fails

Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble deploying the new combined 32/64bit version of Flash published through the SCUP cab catalog and SCCM Software Updates deployment. On every one of my machines the update fails with the same error. I have a mixed environment of Win XP 32bit and Win 7 64 bit machines.

I've previously had no trouble at all deploing Flash (and other Adobe updates) updates using the SCUP catalog and SCCM. It is first with 11.3.300.257, where the msi contains binaries for both 32 and 64 bit, that i experiece issues.

The error i get in the WindowsUpdate.log is:

2012-06-19_14h45_32.png

WUAHandler.log (SCCM related log) gives the error:

Installation job encountered some failures: Error = 0x80240022.

UpdatesHandler.log (SCCM related log) gives the error:

Update execution failed.

The Windows Application Event Log displays nothing in relation to the msi, so no usefull info there.

Anyone else out there with the same issues, or with some guidance?

Br,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone out there deploying the new 11.3.300.257 version of Flash using SCUP and SCCM Software Updates successfully??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been deploying 11.3 via SCUP to both XP and Win7 clients without issues (so far!).

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the info. And you didn't modify the installed/installable rules for the msi packages in any way before deploying them? Did you create a manual update, or import from the official Adobe CAB catalog?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No modifications and imported from the Adobe catalog using SCUP 2011 and SCCM 2007 R2.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the response is really late. Did you solve this issue?

If not, could you please do the following:

- Right-click and see if the installer is blocked.

- Try installing Flash Player using the command that you use in SCCM and see if it installs.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have, I am having the exact same problem. But 90% of my machines are fine. It is the about 30 machines, about 10% of the total, which fail with this error message. I cant see anything wrong with these machines, or anything in common thats different from the machines that patch ok.

This has occurred with all Flash ActiveX updates for Internet Explorer since I began using SCUP with SCCM.

any other advice that could be of use? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One requirement is that IE must be closed to succeed.

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines