• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How combine a jpeg image & animated gif image & save it as GIF ?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have an jpeg image, & also aminated gif image, how do i place the animated gif image over (in the center of the image) a jpeg image & save it as gif file ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

29 views, not single reply ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is the gif image that I combined (click to view it animated)

What I did was:

I opened the gif first, then expanded the canvas size. Then I drag the background image in as the background layer (make sure to have the timeline panel open and that the bg image is in everyframe)

sdsd.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can photoshop Cs5 64 bit do gif/jpeg images like this?

tumblr_m9hfrohmDP1qhdchmo1_500.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing you need to do is stop thinking in terms of file formats once the files are in photoshop they are all the same. The exception being vector vs raster. But in this instance the process is rteally the same so 6 on one hand a half a dozen on the other. Or as some would say Tomatoe, tomahtoe(mispelled on purpose).

The jpeg I would assume is the background image and the gif image is the fore ground object. Open the jpeg, and then place the gif file. As long as the fore ground object has transparency, your job is pretty much done. If not, then it will be up to you to mask what you want to keep vs what you don't and apply that selection to the foregrounds layer as a mask.

Google the net or skim the users manual for the keywords - mask, selections, quickmask, pen tool, paths. Each of these can in one way or another take care of your issue.

It would be worth your time to also go through the numerous videos about photoshop and see how its done.

Either go to adobe tv,

Itunes podcasts

or one of the following web sites:

http://kelbytv.com/

http://creativesuitepodcast.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silkrooster wrote:

The exception being vector vs raster.

Not really an exception - they're all documents when they're open in Photoshop.  In fact a document can hold both vector and raster information at the same time.

I know you knew that; I'm just trying to help clarify things.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines