• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 crashes exporting to epub

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export to epub using FrameMaker source files and once I select generate > epub output Robohelp closes.

I undrstand you need 7 zip to work with this program and have downloaded and installed. I cannot find anywhere to tell Robohelp where this is located. is this the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember having to edit the script in RH to tell it where the zip program is installed – check the Adobe Tech Comm Team blog for info about ePUB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the process is outlined in both Employee Care and Sales Builder, the sample projects that ship with RoboHelp 9.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can find is a vague reference to need 7 zip on your laptop.

Is there a need to modify the epub_Generator.jsx to tell the script where the zip program resides and if so how?

Robohelp crashes even when generating an epub using the sample projects.

Thanks

Don Grefe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in case you have updated (or installed) version 9.0.2 this uses a different zip program. You can find the path and a direct link in the generate -> epub settings. In this tab you also need to tell Robohelp the path to the file.

Installation of this program (zip.exe) is not necessary, just download to any location and set the path.

In case you have updated to 9.0.2 you aditionally need to copy a file. This is desctibed in the readme (regrettably this is not very user-friendly and easily overlooked).

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is 9.0.1.262. Hoever, I cannot even get to the dialog telling the program where the zip program is located. It crashesd as soon as I select to generate epubs.

I have looked at all of the readme filles an none address anything relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the fact that you have deleted a post mean you have been able to access the dialog and found the tab 7-Zip location?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I just found the tech blog.

I am still having the same problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the issue nothing to do with 7-Zip's location and version, Rh crashes as soon as you go to File > Generate > ePub.

Go to Tools > Scripts > ePub Generator. Does that crash as well?

What if you go to File > Generate > Eclipse Help? Does the dialog open or does Rh crash?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to Tools > Scripts > ePub Generator. Does that crash as well? Yes, it does.

What if you go to File > Generate > Eclipse Help? Does the dialog open or does Rh crash? No, I get a dialog. I din't go through and generate help though.

Best

Don Grefe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that your script is messed up somehow. Email me via my site and I will send you a copy from my installation.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I tried the new one first. Then I used the Old one to overwrite the jsx. In both cases the program exhibited the same bahavoir as before.

I appreciate the help!

Don Grefe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two options.

Install on another PC in trial mode.

Uninstall and reinstall on your PC.

I assume everything is on your hard disk. I cannot see all this thread right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running in trial mode to evaluate the product. Is this an issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, trial mode is exactly the same as the fully licensed mode (at least for 30 days). You can still do updates to it while being a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread someone is having a similar problem and it seems to be related to images in the content.

Try a small project with text content only.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still fails but does open Distiller. Which is different than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

I am still having this problem. Is there another resource at Adobe that migght be of help?

Thanks!

Don Grefe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give Support a call.

BTW – you do realize that Peter’s not an Adobe employee, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp